Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Brentford B 0

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

Holders Hayes & Yeading United advanced to the Quarter-Finals of this seasons Middlesex Senior Cup with a 2-0 victory over Brentford B at the SKYex on Tuesday evening courtesy of a screamer from Ronan Silva and a well crafted move that led to Omar Rowe heading home the second.

Manager Mark Molesley did some tinkering with his squad for this one to get minutes into the legs of those not playing much recently and additionally we saw a return for Jerry Wiltshire who had been injured on international duty with the British Virgin Islands.

United started well and the first strike at goal came from the hosts in the sixth minute when Omar Rowe took aim from just short of 25 yards, his free-kick beat the wall but flew just wide of the Bees goal.

After sizing each other up for a while the visitors almost fluked a lead when an Isaac Holland cross deflected off the boot of Ronan Silva forcing Jacob Adams to get down quickly at the foot of the post to stop the Bees going ahead.

Just past the half hour mark a purple patch for the visitors really should have seen them ahead and they would have been but for some pretty woeful finishing. Firstly, a swift break down the left side saw the ball pulled back to Holland whose shot from the edge of the box was held by Adams.

A minute later Iwan Morgan raced onto a throughball, rounded Adams on the edge of the box, and only succeeded in planting the ball into the side netting with the goal gaping. Just two minutes later Adams’ kicked clearance was charged down by Angel Waruih and the ball ran free to Bees skipper Charlie Farr who blazed wide from 12 yards with just Adams to beat, giving United a second reprieve in quick succession.

As things settled the game looked to be going in goalless at the break until Ronan Silva stepped up deep into injury time, Steve Ngunga played the ball inside to Ayo Faniyan, he fed Silva 25 yards from goal and he took a quick look up and sent in a fierce drive that flew in off the upright giving ‘keeper Vincent Angelini no chance.

Buoyed by the goal just before the break, it was United who were quickly out of the blocks in the second half and just three minutes in Ngunga cut in from the left side and fired at goal forcing Angelini to parry his drive over the crossbar.

With 54 minutes played the United lead was doubled, Faniyan won possession near the halfway line and fed substitute Michael Fernandes who advanced on the right side before firing across an inch perfect centre that found an unmarked Rowe arriving in the middle to head the ball confidently past Angelini.

As we moved past the hour mark a chance came the way of the visitors as Conor McManus cut in from the left and found Beaux Booth but his shot from the edge of the United area flew wide of the upright.

Five minutes later a neat exchange between Fernandes and Faniyan saw the former outpace his marker and get in a shot that Angelini did well to push away to safety and ten minutes later Angelini was again in action as Amos Nasha won the ball on the corner of the Bees area before moving inside to shoot, his effort being parried and grabbed quickly before the United man could pounce on the rebound.

With a minute of normal time remaining, Ethan Laidlaw ran through into the left side of the United box, Adams was out quickly to block his shot and skipper Sanmi Odelusi was on hand to clear the ball to safety and within seconds play was at the other end as Ben Heath ran forwards and slipped the ball to Rowe in the area but his effort was deflected into the side netting of the Bees goal.

Final chance again fell to young United striker Heath on his home debut, he broke clear from midfield and hit a shot from the edge of the box that was well held by Angelini and the game closed out with United progressing to a quarter-final tie at home to St Panteleimon.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Omar Rowe.

Photos by Anthony Mills.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Brentford B
Jacob Adams
Half-Time: 1 - 0

Full-Time: 2 - 0

Referee: Mr V Bakulin

Attendance: 189


Hayes & Yeading United:
Silva (45+3)
Rowe (54)

Brentford B:

Vincent Angelini
Cole Brown Ollie Shield
Sanmi Odelusi © Conor McManus
Marvel Ekpiteta Erion Zabeli
Jerry Wiltshire Benjamin Frederick
Omar Rowe Iwan Morgan
Luke Gambin Angel Waruih
Ayo Faniyan Ashley Hay
Paul Field © Charlie Farr
Ronan Silva Max Dickov
Steve Ngunga Isaac Holland
Ben Heath (for Faniyan, 71) Beaux Booth (for ???, 61)
Eric Ameyaw (for Wiltshire, 60) Remy Bennison (for ???, 73)
Amos Nasha (for Gambin, 46) Chanse Headman
Luke Warner-Eley (for Ngunga, 71) Ethan Laidlaw (for Dickov, 81)
Michael Fernandes (for Silva, 50) Tony Yogane (for ???, 73)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table