Hayes & Yeading United

Under 18s

Match Report


Burnham 0
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1


Hayes & Yeading’s new look under 18 side went toe to toe with hosts Burnham in Wednesday evenings FA Youth Cup tie with United running out winners by the only goal of the game scored by Darius Ogodon on 17 minutes as both sides’ provided those present with an excellent show of football on a very nice 3G carpet at the 1878 Stadium.

With this being both teams first competitive action of the new campaign, it is no surprise that the first ten minutes were used just sizing up the opposition although United went close on ten minutes with the first goalbound effort of the game. Edgar Musoke played a free-kick in to the danger area, Kayden Bryan-Smith flicked the ball goalwards only for a well placed Callum Monks to clear his effort off the line.

The ball was quickly launched down to the other end and it was the turn of United’s number 5, skipper Oumar Traore to prevent a goal, the defenders perfectly timed tackle blocking Liam Stabler from getting his shot away.

From there on United’s pace and prowess started to take control by not allowing the hosts any time on the ball. Musoke crossed from the left to Chris Sakeah but his lobbed effort was just too high and two minutes later the decisive strike came for United. Bryan-Smith advanced from the back to take possession in the centre circle, he pushed forwards before laying a neat throughball to Darius Ogodon who entered the Burnham area and slotted coolly past ‘keeper Kacper Luniewski.

United continued to hunt for a second while staying tight and secure at the back. Tyrese Bailey snatched the ball away from a Burnham player 20 yards out but his snapshot was held by Luniewski and just before the half hour mark a sweeping United move from back to front saw the ball pulled across to Ogodon but his shot deflected wide off Dylan Morrison.

Minutes later it was almost 1-1 as Matthew Foggoa won the ball on the corner of the United area and fed it in to Liam Stabler but his shot was held by United stopper Khalid Oladipo.

The half closed out with a chance for each side. For United a ball over the home defence saw Bailey chase the pass into the Burnham area only for him to be denied a shot by an excellent block tackle from Yassine Birbiad who had tracked his run from midfield.

In stoppage time at the other end Liam Stabler collected the ball wide on the left, his driven cross was deflected to Foggoa but his low shot was just wide of the target and United went in a goal to the good at half-time.

The second half was not to provide so much entertainment but was no less tense for those watching as players started to tire and cramp became a major factor leading to in excess of ten minutes being added on at the end.

Early chances however both fell to United, a right side corner kick was met by the flying figure of Bryan-Smith but his bullet header just cleared the crossbar and on 54 minutes Ogodon broke in to the Burnham box once more, his shot deflected to Musoke but he was denied by a fine Luniewski save.

Chances wise we had a break of 25 minutes without either ‘keeper really being troubled although the hosts on more than one occasion whipped the ball across the United box but failed to find a connecting boot in the middle.

With ten minutes remaining the hosts best chance of the game came forth as Przemyslaw Markowski broke away from his left-back slot and crossed to substitute Michal Waraksa, his shot was well blocked by Oladipo in the United goal and the same player put the rebound wide of the post as the ball ran loose.

For United Ali Hegi saw a low shot from the corner of the box saved by Luniewski and the ball was quickly fired to the other end where Waraksa fired wide from the edge of the box.

The final five minutes and the extra ten saw little in the way of chances however the hosts were reduced to ten men at 90+9 with Monks seeing a somewhat harsh second yellow which was more down to tired legs than anything malicious and I feel with seconds to go referee Malyon, who had an excellent game, could maybe have shown a little compassion and given a final warning but then again, I don’t make the rules.

So United move on to the next round but I would like to thank Burnham for their hospitality and wish them all the best for the coming campaign.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Kayden Bryan-Smith.


Hayes & Yeading United
Kacper Luniewski
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 0 - 1

Referee: Mr D Malyon

Attendance: ???



Hayes & Yeading United:
Ogodon (17)

Khalid Oladipo
Trenae Jack Travis Jordan
Przemyslaw Markowski Kyros Jordan
Joe Stabler David Muhongo
Callum Monks © Oumar Traore
Dylan Morrison Kayden Bryan-Smith
Kizzy Kahari Chris Sakeah
Freddie Wylie Hikram Olaiya
Liam Stabler Darius Ogodon
Yassine Birbiad Tyrese Bailey
Matthew Foggoa Edgar Musoke
Mohamed Boullagui (for Birbiad, 89) -
Reece Kendall (for Kahari, 60) Ali Hegi (for Bailey, 71)
Marco Skivington Camron Fairweather (for Musoke, 61)
Joshua Akerman Zakaria Saidi (for Sakeah, 78)
Michal Waraksa (for Wylie, 67) -
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com