Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 3
Truro City 4

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

Despite twice leading, United’s injury hit side finally succumbed to league leaders Truro City by the odd goal in seven at the SKYex on Saturday afternoon.

Manager Paul Hughes made three changes from the side that had drawn away at Bracknell Town on Tuesday evening with new arrival Luke Pennell and Reece Cole coming in for Mitchal Gough and Alfie Williams who both dropped to the bench while Mo Bettamer came in for the injured Adam Liddle.

United made a rapid start against the table topping White Tigers with the hosts taking the lead on seven minutes when Hassan Jalloh barrelled his way through all and sundry into the Truro box before sliding the ball home past former United loanee ‘keeper James Hamon.

Less than two minutes later Jalloh almost turned provider when he pulled the ball across from the right side to Moses Emmanuel however the striker was quickly closed down by Hamon who blocked his effort away to safety.

With the visitors showing little going forwards thus far, it was United who found the net again on 16 minutes with a long Rhys Byrne clearance finding its way to the Truro box where with his back almost to goal, Emmanuel managed to hook a volley over Hamon and in off the underside of the crossbar to put United 2-0 ahead.

Soon after a long range effort for the visitors from Will Dean provided an easy gather for Byrne and with United looking reasonably comfortable it was a real shock when the White Tigers pulled level before the half hour mark with two goals in less than 60 seconds.

The first saw a free-kick conceded in the “D” about a foot from the area, Tyler Harvey stepped up and placed his kick perfectly past the wall into the top corner. Within a minute the ball was once more in the United net as Harvey collected inside the area on the right and pulled the ball across to Dan Sullivan who had a simple tap-in.

Four goals in less than thirty minutes was followed by nothing of note in the next fifteen and the two sides could not be separated at the break.

The visitors buoyed by coming back from two goals down made a quick start to the second half.

A lofted ball into the United box was volleyed goalwards by Andrew Neal and well held by Byrne and a couple of minutes later the United stopper was again required, this time to block away a low Sullivan drive after a fine low cross from Connor Riley-Lowe on the left had picked him out in the middle.

Having absorbed this pressure, on 54 minutes United were back in front as Emmanuel collected the ball on the right and moved it inside to Amos Nasha, he fed it further to his left to Jalloh who took a touch before smashing the ball past Hamon from the edge of the box for his second of the game.

Neal had the ball in the United net on the hour only to be ruled offside by the stand side assistant with the Truro player subsequently being cautioned by referee Pond for a profanity aimed towards said Assistant.

Chances were actually few and far between for the last half hour, in fact only two of any note were recorded and sadly for United they were both goals for the visitors.

In the 72nd minute with United having lost possession high in the Truro half, a nice passing move involving Dean, Neal and Riley-Lowe saw the latter fire the ball low across the United area from the left to substitute Adam Porter and he fired confidently past Byrne to level the scores once more.

Six minutes later the decisive seventh strike of the game came when Neal burst away on the right and moved into the United area before going down under challenge from Dan Wishart who was adjudged to have fouled the winger and the referee pointed to the spot. Harvey was just as accurate from 12 yards and he had been previously from 18 (and a bit) and the Cornwall side had the lead for the first time, maintaining it through to the final whistle without any real scares.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Truro City
Rhys Byrne
Half-Time: 2 - 2

Full-Time: 3 - 4

Referee: Mr M Pond

Attendance: 244


Hayes & Yeading United:
Jalloh (7 & 54)
Emmanuel (16)

Truro City:
Harvey (28 & 78 pen)
Sullivan (29)
Porter (72)

James Hamon
Paul Field Shane White
Dan Wishart Ben Adelsbury
Sanmi Odelusi Ed Palmer
Charlie Wassmer © Kyle Egan
Luke Pennell Ollie Knowles
Amos Nasha © Connor Riley-Lowe
Hassan Jalloh Will Dean
Moses Emmanuel Tyler Harvey
Mo Bettamer Dan Sullivan
Reece Cole Andrew Neal
Mitchal Gough Simeon Okoro
Bruno Tavares (for Bettamer, 67) Ryan Brett
Alfie Williams (for Nasha, 85) Ollie Haste
Jaden Thompson-Brissett (for Odelusi, 85) Adam Porter (for Knowles, 61)
- Matthew Wright (for Sullivan, 61)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com