Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


North Leigh 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1


Hayes & Yeading’s first visit to the sloping pitch at North Leigh saw Manager Paul Hughes shuffle his injury hit squad once again including a start at left-back for new signing Cameron Green while the second arrival this week Jaden Thompson-Brissett took a seat on the bench.

United started off well kicking down the slope and with nine minutes played a cross from the left side sailed over the hosts defence to Adam Liddle who met the ball on the volley but it went the wrong side of the upright.

Just three minutes later however United did have the lead. Mo Bettamer fired in a shot from 20 yards out that home ‘keeper Adam North failed to hold, Moses Emmanuel quickly nipped in to recover possession before sliding the ball back to Taylor Miles who fired home his second United goal since his arrival from Cheshunt.

Bettamer soon after drove a free-kick from fully 30 yards that beat the wall and ‘keeper but flew wide of the target.

Just beyond the half hour mark the hosts created an opening of their own as former United loanee Aaron McCreadie tried his luck from 25 yards out, his effort deflecting just wide of the upright and as the resultant corner was cleared to Emmanuel, he sent Liddle away on the left flank, the striker moving into the box before seeing his shot saved by North.

The rest of the half closed out without incident and United went in a goal to the good knowing they would literally have an uphill second half.

Newly returned Hassan Jalloh went close ten minutes after the re-start when his 25 yard effort was deflected inches wide of the target off a home defender and with the hosts coming more into the game, on the hour a cross from the left was missed by Ryan Hall in the United goal and picked up by Roger James who bounced a cross into the box for Lance Williams to head over from inside the six yard box.

A quick fire break from United on 66 minutes saw Hall punt the ball forwards, Liddle knocked the ball down to Emmanuel who tried his luck from the corner of the area but his effort was a little too high to trouble North.

With 20 minutes remaining the hosts started to push hard for an equaliser, Jordan Alves sent in a corner from the right that was met by McCreadie, his downwards header being comfortably dealt with by Hall.

The hosts notched a somewhat fortuitous equaliser on 75 minutes as Jordan Thomas collected an Alves pass and advanced into the United area, Hall appeared to have his shot well covered until a defensive deflection sent the ball in the opposite direction and the sides were level with 15 minutes remaining.

That fifteen minutes plus the four added minutes brought very little in the way of goalmouth action and the game petered out rather tamely with a point apiece being the final outcome.

Report by Kevin Watts.


North Leigh
Hayes & Yeading United
Adam North
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 1 - 1

Referee: Mr S Kyle

Attendance: 170


North Leigh:
Thomas (75)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Miles (12)

Ryan Hall
Michael Hopkins Ezra Ikebuasi
George Nash Cameron Green
Luke Carnell © Amos Nasha
Ben Brown © Charlie Wassmer
Roger James Cameron Black
Aaron McCreadie Hassan Jalloh
Jordan Thomas Adam Liddle
Sam Heal Moses Emmanuel
Aaron Heap Mo Bettamer
Lance Williams Taylor Miles
Levi Steele (for Williams, 73) Paul Field
Jordan Alves (for Heal, 60) Luke Brophy (for Green, 81)
Jack Alexander Bruno Tavares
Andrew Gunn Alfie Williams (for Bettamer, 61)
Amer Awadh (for Heap, 73) Jaden Thompson-Brissett (for Emmanuel, 74)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com