Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Hendon 0

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

For the second time in four days United earned maximum points with a 1-0 victory at the SKYex, the opponents this time being Hendon with Cole Brown netting the only goal of the game late in the second half.

For United the game did not quite go to schedule from the start with a late team change being required with Jerry Wiltshire having travel difficulties which saw him moved to the bench with Cameron Black coming in for his debut and then a partial floodlight failure saw the game delayed for 43 minutes while things were rectified, the game starting at 20:28.

From the start United could have had a first minute lead when a short back header towards former United loanee ‘keeper Marcin Brzozowski saw Moses Emmanuel get to the ball first but his poked effort went just the wrong side of the upright.

The next opening fell to the home side once more when debutant Bruno Tavares got his head to a Steve Ngunga cross but was off target with his effort, five minutes later at the other end Danny Williams latched onto a poor United pass and moved into the area, rounding Jacob Adams before pulling the ball back to where the United defence were able to clear their lines.

Within a minute United again went close as Joe Wilson played the ball in from the right corner of the Hendon box to Ngunga, his shot on the turn just clearing the visitors’ crossbar.

The final fifteen minutes saw the visitors in control of the chances without causing too much panic in the United defence. Giovanni Palmer broke down the left side and crossed to Williams but his flicked header was somewhat off target and then more sloppy play from United in the middle of the park gifted the ball to Williams who advanced to the edge of the box and pulled the trigger but Adams was not troubled thanks to an excellent sliding block from Cameron Black.

The final chance of the half again went to the Greens, playing in pink on this occasion, when Joe White broke free on the left side, his deep cross being headed wide by Bobson Bawling and the sides went in at the break goalless.

Paul Hughes made a change at the break with the experienced Mo Bettamer coming into the fray in place of Ngunga however it was the visitors were again in the ascendancy early on in the half.

Adams saved comfortably from Dave Diedhiou before a deflected pass sent White through on goal, his low shot was well saved by Adams with skipper Charlie Wassmer clearing any imminent danger.

On 67 minutes an Isaac Galliford free-kick from just outside the area curled around the wall but was easily dealt with by Adams and six minutes later with United’s first real chance of the half, the deadlock was broken. Emmanuel collected the ball on the right side of midfield, his sublime 50 yard pass across the park found Bettamer and he in turn fed the ball into the run of Cole Brown who moved into the Greens area and fired past Brozozwski to give United the lead.

Going ahead seemed to perk United up as four minutes later another nice move involving the same three players saw Brown and Emmanuel combine to set up a shooting chance for Bettamer, his well struck shot having taken a slight deflection appeared to be flying into the bottom corner of the Hendon net only for a superb fingertip save from Brzozowski that took the ball wide of the post by a matter of inches.

The final five minutes saw a half chance for United as Sanmi Odelusi fed the ball to Emmanuel but his shot was just off target while at the other end former United man Frank Keita’s shot from the corner of the area was held easily by Adams.

The final scare for United came in the eighth minute of added time when Arthur Iontton’s strike from the edge of the box saw Black get his head to the ball to take it over, the resultant corner saw Brzozowski join his outfield teammates looking for a leveller, the ball was cleared to United players but with no ‘keeper at the other end there was no chance to shoot as referee Gibson brought the game to an end with United gratefully collecting the three points on offer.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Sponsors (Barnhill Community Centre) Man of the Match : Cole Brown.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Jacob Adams
Half-Time: 0 - 0

Full-Time: 1 - 0

Referee: Mr J Gibson

Attendance: 225


Hayes & Yeading United:
Brown (73)


Marcin Brzozozwski
Joe Wilson Josh Dawodu
Dan Wishart Giovanni Palmer
Sanmi Odelusi Dave Diedhiou
Charlie Wassmer © © Tommy Brewer
Cameron Black Tarik Moore-Azille
Steve Ngunga Bobson Bawling
Amos Nasha Arthur Iontton
Moses Emmanuel Joe White
Bruno Tavares Danny Williams
Cole Brown Rohdell Gordon
Jerry Wiltshire Solomon Sambou (for Iontton, 79)
Mo Bettamer (for Ngunga, 46) Frank Keita (for Williams, 54)
Florian Envoudou Ada Robbie Buchanan
Paul Hodges (for Tavares, 69) Isaac Galliford (for Bawling, 64)
Manny Adebiyi (for Nasha, 80) Guri Demuria
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com