Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Hanwell Town 0

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

In a tough competitive local derby, it was Roger James’ fifth minute strike that saw United take maximum points at the SKYex on Saturday afternoon against Hanwell Town.

Manager Paul Hughes made three changes to the side that were held goalless by Swindon Supermarine on Tuesday evening. New signing Luke Warner-Eley came in for injured skipper Charlie Wassmer, Sanmi Odelusi returned from suspension in place of Taylor Miles and Roger James came in for Adam Liddle with both Taylor and Adam tacking places on the United bench.

The first action of the game was to become the main action of the game as a beautiful Reece Cole flick sent Roger James through on goal, the recent arrival from North Leigh netting his second United goal as he confidently fired past Hanwell stopper Matteo Salamon to put the hosts ahead.

Ten minutes later Salamon denied James a second, debutant Luke Warner-Eley fired in a first time cross from the left wing, James arrived at the near post first but his flicked effort went straight into the ‘keepers midriff and he held the ball safely.

On 20 minutes another opening for United saw a Cole corner deflected away but only as far as Danny Green, his initial shot was blocked and when the ball rolled back to him a second effort was too high to trouble Salamon.

Half an hour had passed before the visitors found themselves in a meaningful forward position as a long ball forwards found Mat MacKenzie, his neat flick found Micah Anthony but his shot was poorly struck and easily held by Jacob Adams in the United goal.

Soon after another chance for the visitors saw Calum Duffy drill in a free-kick from 20 yards but his effort flew over Adams goal without overly troubling the United goal.

In the minimal amount of additional time that was played, both sides created a half chance to change the scoreline. For Hanwell a long MacKenzie throw-in was knocked down to their skipper Harry Rush but his drive was off target. Adams quickly launched the goal-kick forwards to Moses Emmanuel, he gave chase against an on-rushing Salamon who being outside his box did well to produce a diving header to take the ball away from the striker, the half closing with United a goal ahead.

Five minutes into the second half a ball from the United midfield into the left channel saw Emmanuel chase down Duffy, the Hanwell defender playing the ball back towards goal without realising that Salamon had charged out, the ‘keeper reacting quickly thugh to turn and chase down the ball and play it away from almost on his own goal line to save his teammates blushes.

A brace of chances for the visitors to level up the game came just before the hour mark. Kain Adom fired in a curling shot from 18 yards that was held by the diving Adams and just a couple of minutes later Flo Bojaj bore down on goal, advanced into the box and with only Adams to beat he set to pull the trigger only to be denied by a perfectly timed Paul Field tackle that took the ball behind with a goal-kick being awarded.

With the visitors pushing forwards with more regularity, they again went close on 66 minutes when Rush’s free-kick into the danger zone saw the ball drop to MacKenzie, his effort was pushed away by Adams with the follow-up being blocked wide for a corner that was to come to nothing.

Chances then ceased until stoppage time with both sides failing to trouble the opposition defence to any great extent.

An opening apiece came in additional time, much like the first half, this time the first went to United as Adam Liddle and James exchanged passes with Liddle seeing his angled shot strike the side netting. At the other end, a Rush corner from the right was met at the far post by Hanwell ‘keeper Salamon but his header dropped comfortably into Adams arms and the game closed out with a tough, hard fought three points for United.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Sponsors (GT Road Indian Cuisine) Man of the Match : Roger James.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Hanwell Town
Jacob Adams
Half-Time: 1 - 0

Full-Time: 1 - 0

Referee: Mr J Bolland

Attendance: 309


Hayes & Yeading United:
James (5)

Hanwell Town:

Matteo Salamon
Cole Brown Isaac Olorunfemi
Luke Warner-Eley Lewis Cole
Sanmi Odelusi © © Harry Rush
Paul Field Dwayne Duncan
Tarik Moore-Azille Calum Duffy
Roger James Micah Anthony
Jean-Baptiste Fischer Mat MacKenzie
Moses Emmanuel Flo Bojaj
Danny Green Kain Adom
Reece Cole Abdul Seidu-Osman
Charlie Wassmer Conrad Lucan (for Anthony, 67)
Simon Grant Justin Obikwu (for Bojaj, 83)
Josh Lelan Dan Carr (for Cole, 67)
Adam Liddle (for Fischer, 69) Anthony Cheshire
Taylor Miles (for Cole, 75) Max Merrick
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table