Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Bracknell Town 1

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

Hayes & Yeading United dented the Robins title aspirations while at the same time keeping our own play-off hopes alive with a hard-fought victory over Bracknell Town at the SKYex on Tuesday evening.

Paul Hughes' side got themselves off to the perfect start when in just the third minute Moses Emmanuel hooked the ball forwards in the middle of the park to Roger James, the former North Leigh winger outstripping his marker for pace down the right before advancing into the box and firing a low angled drive across Robins stopper Michael Eacott into the far corner of the visitors’ net.

Emmanuel almost had United’s second minutes later when he charged down an Eacott clearance on the left edge of the box, the ricochet going back towards the Robins goal but Eacott would have breathed a sigh of relief as the ball went into the side netting.

Still inside the opening ten minutes another chance for United saw Reece Cole break away on the right, his low near post cross was flicked goalwards by the boot of Emmanuel only for a defenders deflection to take the ball across goal and wide of the far post.

The visitors first sight of the United goal came on 15 minutes when the ever dangerous Gary Abisogun received the ball on the edge of the box, his drive through a crowd being pushed wide by his former teammate and now United stopper Simon Grant. The resultant corner was met in the middle by George Knight but his header was wide of the target.

Abisogun again tried his luck from distance ten minutes later but having chested the ball down nicely for himself, his shot was comfortably held by Grant.

Ten minutes before the break the United lead doubled. Jerry Wiltshire played the ball forwards from the right to Emmanuel, the United striker controlling it smartly and moving past Sean Fraser before firing his shot through two challenging defenders and ‘keeper Eacott who I am sure will feel he should have done better as the ball struck the back of the net.

First half additional time saw a pivotal moment for United as Knight appeared to break through on goal only to be denied by a perfectly timed last ditch tackle from skipper Sanmi Odelusi with the ball snuggling neatly into the chest of the advancing Grant and United went in at the break two goals to the good.

A chance apiece came just before the hour mark, firstly for United Taylor Miles advanced and found Cole on the right but his shot from the corner of the box was too high and just seconds later United were caught in possession and the loose ball ran to Robins substitute and former United man Kameron English who shot for goal from the edge of the box only to be denied by Grant who managed to divert the shot over the top by standing tall.

Soon after a low angled shot from Luke Warner-Eley struck the side netting of the visitors goal and this was soon followed by Cole turning his marker in the box only for his effort to be blocked away by a last ditch tackle from Daniel Bayliss.

United continued in search of another and with just over ten minutes left to play, Cole Brown played the ball right to Emmanuel, he turned Ethan Burden inside out before shooting for the near post where Eacott did well to get his boot to the shot to keep the visitors deficit to two.

The final ten minutes saw probably the longest spell of pressure from the third placed Robins. Max Herbert saw a shot from the edge of the area deflected wide by Wiltshire and then a free-kick by Liam Tack in a dangerous position on the edge of the box was almost like a back-pass into Grants’ arms.

Grant was required to save on 89 minutes, tipping over an Abisogun angled drive and the former Robin was finally beaten in the fifth minute of additional time when Herbert fed the ball to English and he slotted past Grant’s dive into the corner but it was to prove too little loo late for the visitors as United comfortably held on for the final few seconds to claim an excellent three points in what in my humble opinion was our best overall performance of the season.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Anthony Mills.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Bracknell Town
Simon Grant
Half-Time: 2 - 0

Full-Time: 2 - 1

Referee: Mr C Peter

Attendance: 210


Hayes & Yeading United:
James (3)
Emmanuel (35)

Bracknell Town:
English (90+5)

Michael Eacott
Jean-Baptiste Fischer Liam Tack
Luke Warner-Eley Max Herbert
Sanmi Odelusi © Sean Fraser
Jerry Wiltshire © Daniel Bayliss
Tarik Moore-Azille Ashley Lodge
Roger James Gary Abisogun
Danny Green George Knight
Moses Emmanuel Joe Grant
Reece Cole Darryl Sanders
Taylor Miles Mickel Platt
Josh Lelan Kameron English (for Grant, 56)
Jack Smith Adam Richards
Amos Nasha (for Miles, 63) Elliott Legg
Cole Brown (for Cole, 73) Ethan Burden (for Lodge, 71)
Adam Liddle (for James, 63) Jordan Esprit (for Sanders, 71)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table