Hayes & Yeading United

Under 18s

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Marlow 1


A late Harley Sells strike saw Hayes & Yeading come away from a tough game with a point against a very well drilled Marlow side at a wet SKYex on Wednesday evening.

The visitors started well and a brace of shots after 7 minutes from Ben Parrott and then Kajetan Halatyn required blocking by the United defence with Taffel McCootie making the final clearance from the United box.

Two minutes later a similar event at the other end also saw defence on top as Trent Headley received the  ball on the edge of the box, his goalbound effort being well defended six yards out by Marlow skipper Ethan Light who threw himself into the line of the shot to block it away.

The few chances that came seemed to swing from end to end, Noah Fletcher collected a long ball down the left for the visitors before picking out Christopher Pearce in the middle but he dragged his effort wide of the target and then a minute later Ben Bell collected the ball on the right wing and played it inside to Harley Sells who saw his low shot saved by Marlow 'keeper Mason Childs. 

Just before the half hour mark Jamie Hanlon fed the ball in from the left but his pass just evaded the outstretched boot of the incoming Zach Gluckstein.

With just five minutes to go to the half-time interval, the visitors profitted from a loose midfield pass by United with Matthew D'Souza playing the ball perfectly through to Light who slotted under Lewis Lavin to give the visitors the lead.

United looked for an instant response and before the break Hanlon picked out Sells in the middle only for his shot to be deflected over and in stoppage time Gluckstein crossed from the left but Sells header was held by Childs and the half closed with United having a single goal deficit.

Just three minutes after the re-start United were a little unfortunate not to get level as Hanlon collected the ball 20 yards from goal, his well struck shot bouncing back from Childs grasp but no United player had followed up and the danger was cleared.

Just before the hour mark United required Lavin to be at his sharpest at the other end as a slide-rule pass found Marlow substitute Noah Henry free on the right, he advanced into the area but his effort was well blocked wide by the United stopper.

Five minutes later at the other end Bell and Hanlon combined with the latter aiming a curling effort for the far corner but with insufficient bend applied, the shot went wide of the target while another chance soon after at the other end saw Henry pull the ball back to the on-coming Max Dooley, his well struck shot being deflected wide by a timely Cody Bentley block and the ball went wide of the target.

The game looked to be fading to a United defeat with neither side really troubling the others 'keeper until three minutes from time when lively United substitute Barney Stewart broke away on the right wing, his low centre being turned home at the near post by Sells and the points were to be shared as referee Smith brought the game to it's conclusion a few minutes later.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Zach Gluckstein.

Hayes & Yeading United
Lewis Lavin
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 1 - 1

Referee: Mr P Smith

Attendance: 43


Hayes & Yeading United:
Sells (88)

Light (40)

Mason Childs
Tom Barrett Elis Williams
Aaron Best Noah Fletcher
Romey Meoded © © Ethan Light
Taffel McCootie Joe Daniels
Cody Bentley
Max Dooley
Ben Bell Ben Parrott
Trent Headley Tauyanus Zinyemba
Harley Sells Kajetan Halatyn
Jamie Hanlon Matthew D'Souza
Zach Gluckstein Christopher Pearce
Zaid Harrek (for McCootie, 45+2) Alfie Tucker (for Halatyn, 57)
Ryan Hill Noah Henry (for Pearce, 46)
Riordan Brant (for Headley, 46) Kian Austin (for Daniels, 46)
Barney Stewart (for Bell, 68) -
Selmon Emberto -
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com