Hayes & Yeading United

Under 18s

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Langley 1


Andrea D'Anna's Hayes & Yeading under 18 side moved through to the first round proper of this season's FA Youth Cup with a ard fought victory over a very good Langley side at the SKYex on Monday evening with all goals coming in the final 13 minutes. 

The visitors from Berkshire showed very well in the early minutes using pace and power going forwards but the United defence was resolute and repelled each attack.

In just the fourth minute Ernis Sherrniku fired the ball in from the left to Anton Dennis who controlled it on the edge of the United box but his shot was too high to trouble Lewis Lavin in the United goal and just a few minutes later a loose pass at the back allowed Johnny Allotey to burst through on the United goal, his shot being pushed wide by Lavin.

In the 21st minute Allotey was again played through, this time Lavin came out to meet him but the Langley player got to the ball first only to see his toed effort go wide of the upright.

United's first real chance came three minutes later when skipper Romey Meoded got his head to a Jamie Hanlon free-kick but his effort was too high to trouble Langley stopper Shane Farrer.

Despite seeing a lot of the ball, the visitors only really troubled the United goal on one more occasion before the interval and that was on 41 minutes when Dennis drove a free-kick past the United wall but straight at Lavin who opted to punch clear and the half ended goalless.

Not sure what was in the half time drinks but United seemed to come out in the second half with a lot more vim and vigour although the first chance again fell to the Berkshire side as a Sherrniku free-kick from 20 yards out only just cleared the United crossbar.

Farrer was to be tested for the first time in the 53rd minute as Hanlon advanced by riding a brace of tackles before sending the ball right to Aleko Aliaj who cut back inside and let a shot go that the Langley stopper did well to push away and just two minutes later Hanlon tried his luck from the edge of the box, Farrer saved but fumbled the ball and as Ben Bell went for the loose ball he appeared to be tripped but referee Mansour waved for play to continue.

As we entered the final twenty minutes one goal was looking unlikely let alone the three that were to follow. Dontae Smith for the visitors broke into the United box from the left only to fire over and a minute later at the same end Langley substitute Pharrell O'Connor moved into the United box but his shot was well blocked away by Taffel McCootie.

United then started to push forwards once more, Bell won possession and advanced before finding Harley Sells who helped the ball on to Aliaj who saw his low driven shot held by Farrer although the opening goal was to come United's way sixty seconds later. Bell played the ball up the left flank to Rio Brant, his cross at pace found Sells who moved the ball further right to Aliaj and he smashed it past Farrer to put United ahead with a debut goal.

The lead however was only to last six minutes as Langley substitute Junior Attribule was given far too much freedom to run at the United box and he unleashed an unstoppable shot that gave Lavin no chance as it flew into the top corner of the net and we were all square once more with penalty kicks looming.

Spot kicks were not to be required though as United struck again in the 87th minute. Aliaj took a quick corner that Cody Bentley knocked down to Sells, United's top scorer not hesitating to crack the ball past Farrer from an acute angle to once more put United in front.
United could have had another in the third added minute when Brant again broke forwards and found Trent Headley in the box, the midfielder being denied by an excellent tackle from Samuel Ession that took the ball wide of the goal.
The final chance of the game came as we approached the eleventh minute of added time when the visitors won a free-kick right on the edge of the United box but the ball was blazed high over the United goal and at that point referee Mansour finally blew the final whistle and it's United who move into the first round proper of this season's competition. 

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Trent Headley.

Hayes & Yeading United
Lewis Lavin
Half-Time: 0 - 0

Full-Time: 2 - 1

Referee: Mr D Mansour

Attendance: 119


Hayes & Yeading United:
Aliaj (77)
Sells (87)

Attribule (83)

Shane Farrer
Tyler Cook Joshua Addae
Tom Barrett Dontae Smith
Romey Meoded  © Bakiriyah El hannach
Cody Bentley Samuel Ession
Taffel McCootie George Rathmil
Aleko Aliaj Johnny Allotey
Trent Headley Martin Morgan-Germain
Ben Bell Anton Dennis
Jamie Hanlon Ernis Sherrniku
Harley Sells Krispin Thomas
Barney Stewart Jadore Rodney
Rio Brant (for Hanlon, 68) Pharrell O'Connor (for Thomas, 69)
Jhamar McDonald (for Cook, 60) Christian Millindunh (for Morgan-Germain, 72)
Pierre Gundrum Jayden Prunty
Zaid Harrak (for Bell, 88) Junior Attribule (for Allotey, 60)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com