Hayes & Yeading United

Under 18s

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Beaconsfield Town 1


Having knocked the Rams out of the FA Youth Cup the previous week on penalties, Hayes & Yeading's youngsters made it a double by taking all three points with a late Harley Sells winner adding to Ben Bell's opener after the visitors had taken the lead through Tom Whitburn. 

Andrea D'Anna's side had the first chance of the game in just the second minute when Jhamar McDonald sprayed the ball across the pitch to Tom Barrett, the wide man controlling the ball well before hitting a shot that just dipped over the Rams goal.

Shortly after United's debutant 'keeper Louie Miracco was needed for the first time when Reece Keary sent Tom Whitburn through, his first time drive from the edge of the box being firmly pouched by Miracco.

Soon after The Rams stopper Lawson Clarke was tested by Harley Sells, the visiting 'keeper diving full length to push away Sells shot after he had been played in by Riordon Brant and then at the other end a long ball down the left flank sent Whitburn through again but Miracco was down quickly at his feet to block the ball wide of goal.

In the 20th minute another chance fell to Whitburn who having turned past Trent Headley hit a low shot that Miracco was again down quickly to save.

The best chance of the half so far came in the 27th minute when Zaid Harrak burst into the Rams box on the left only to be tripped in full flight with referee Wyatt pointing to the spot. Ben Bell stepped up for the penalty only to be denied by a fine diving save from Clarke.

As we hit the final five minutes of the half the visitors took the lead. Again the protagonist was Whitburn who received the ball inside the United box on the left, his initial shot was well saved by Miracco but the ball went straight back to the Rams striker who curled it towards the far post and despite a goalline clearance attempt the ball was deemed to have crossed the line and the goal was given.

United were level though two minutes into a lengthy period of stoppage time, McDonald raced down the right side before pulling the ball back to Brant, his off target shot being touched in at the far post by Bell who had made a perfectly timed run despite vehement calls for offside from the visitors bench and the two sides went in level at the break.

The second half was to be a bit of a niggly affair with many fewer chances, a number of yellow cards dished out and a glut of substitutions all of which took any rhythm out of the game.

The first chance after the break came on 49 minutes and went the way of the visitors, Rams substitute Jacob Aviss received a cross from the right side, the striker brought the ball down well and got a shot away that United's Taffel McCootie did well to block away.

United's first real chance of the half came just past the hour mark when a scramble in the middle of the visitors area ended with the loose ball falling to Sells but his shot flew across the face of goal and wide of the far post and this was followed a few minutes later by a Barrett break on the left side, his cross was met on the volley by skipper Romey Meoded but his effort was also off target.

In the 73rd minute the woodwork prevented the visitors from going ahead for a second time as a loose United pass in the middle of the park was picked off by Rams skipper Kane Connor, his 25 yard effort beating Miracco before coming back off the United crossbar to safety.

Within a minute United were moving forwards again and probably should have had a second penalty when a Bell cross from the right struck the outstretched hand of a defender but referee Wyatt, who was well placed, waved for play to continue.

With five minutes left to play the visitors were reduced to ten men when having used all of their permitted substitutes, Dan James was forced to leave the field with an injury although they still pushed for a winner and with just two minutes to play a low long range effort for the visitors from substitute Oscar Lucey went just wide of the United goal.

Almost immediately United pushed forwards and took advantage of the extra man with Barrett playing Sells through, United's top scorer coolly rounding Clarke before firing the ball into the visitors net to put United ahead.

Sells could have had a second in stoppage time when he got his head to a Meoded free-kick, Clarke held the effort but United saw out the final few minutes and earn all three points.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Romey Meoded.

Hayes & Yeading United
Beaconsfield Town
Louie Miracco
Half-Time: 1 - 1

Full-Time: 2 - 1

Referee: Mr D Wyatt

Attendance: 56


Hayes & Yeading United:
Bell (45+2)
Sells (88)

Beaconsfield Town:
Whitburn (40)

Lawson Clarke
Tyler Cook Dan James
Zaid Harrak Nathan Sumbu
Romey Meoded © © Kane Connor
Trent Headley James Conway
Taffel McCootie Jordan Kandanda
Jhamar McDonald Aidan Bennett
Riordon Brant Reece Keary
Ben Bell Christian Johnson
Harley Sells Tom Whitburn
Tom Barrett Liam Watters
Pierre Gundrum (for McDonald, 67) Deante Gibon
Ajaye McLeod (for Bell, 75) Jacob Aviss (for Johnson, 46)
Barney Stewart Jake Barber
Cody Bentley (for McCootie, 53) Jack McKenzie (for Keary, 44)
- Oscar Lucey (for Bennett, 56)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com