Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading United 1
Wealdstone  2

With both Hayes & Yeading and Wealdstone suffering a loss of fixture due to their scheduled hosts both having Covid-19 issues in their camps, the two clubs hastily arranged an impromtu behind closed doors friendly on the 3G at Beaconsfield Road where the National League side ran out winners by the odd goal in three on a steamy hot Saturday lunchtime.

The first chance fell to our National League visitors in the 12th minute when a corner kick was played to the near post and a Stones man got to the ball first but his glancing header sailed across goal and wide of Jack Smith's far post.

Within a minute an opening for United saw Jamie Hanlon send former Stone Jake Sheppard away on the right flank, his cross to Francis Amartey saw the United striker get to the ball first in front of his marker but his shot was inches wide of the upright.

Play quickly swung to the other end and a cross-field ball found a Stones striker in the area but under pressure from Callum Buckley he could only fire weakly at Jack Smith.

The visitors were to finally take the lead after having a large amount of pressure without troubling the United goal. Referee Mr Morrison awarded the visitors a free-kick 20 yards from the United goal, Ashley Charles stepped up and fired the ball around the United wall and beyond Smith's dive with the ball going in off the righthand post.

The visitors held the lead until half-time and took just 10 minutes to double it as Craig Fasanmade collected the ball 25 yards from the United goal and unleashed a shot that gave Lewis Lavin in the United goal no chance whatsoever.    

United went close to pulling one back ten minutes later when Sheppard played the ball down the right side to Amartey, the tricky forward did well to hold the ball up before sending it back to Sheppard but his shot was just too high to trouble the visitors 'keeper.

As we approached the final ten minutes the visitors again twice went close as firstly a low shot from a Stones forward went across Lavin's goal and wide and then in the 80th minute they went even closer as a shot from inside the box struck the United post before going wide.

Just two minutes later it was Lavin who denied the Stones a third, the young United stopper doing well to block away a driven shot, and alert enough to get to his feet quickly to catch the looping loose ball.

United created two chances of their own in the final six minutes, Hanlon saw a sweetly struck 25 yard free-kick turned aside by the diving Stones 'keeper and just a minute later the arrears were reduced when Amartey collected the ball on the left of the Stones box and rolled it across for Romey Meoded to slot home from eight yards out.

No further scares came at either end and the National League side came out on top by the odd goal.

We thank Stuart Maynard and his side for coming to play us at such short notice and wish the Stones all the best for their upcoming National League campaign.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hayes & Yeading United
Jack Smith
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 1 - 2

Referee: Mr N Morrison

Attendance: 000


Hayes & Yeading United:
Meoded (85)

Charles (36), Fasanmade (55)

Jake Sheppard x
Jordan Norville-Williams x
Amos Nasha Ashley Charles
Liam McDevitt © x
Callum Buckley x
Jamie Hanlon x
Christian Smith x
Hassan Jalloh x
Francis Amartey Craig Fasanmade
Sanmi Odelusi x
Romey Meoded (for Sheppard, 66) x (used)
Lewis Lavin (for J Smith, 40) x (used)
Harley Sells (for C Smith, 66) x (used)
Rico Greco (for Jalloh, 75) x (used)
Keano Robinson (for McDevitt, 46) Dan Wishart (used)
- x (used)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com