Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Truro City

Truro City 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1


Hayes & Yeading's longest trip of the three in eight days ended in a 2-1 defeat at Truro City with Moses Emmanuel netting late on for United.

Paul Hughes' side were devoid of the services of both Scott Donnelly and Sanmi Odelusi who were both injured at Gosport, their places being taken by Amos Nasha and Jack Connors respectively.

The hosts held a fair amount of the ball in the opening five minutes without troubling Ravan Constable and in the sixth minute Amos Nasha fired a United free-kick into the defensive wall and when the ball came back to him his shot was wide from 20 yards out.

With first half chances very hard to come by on the heavy bumpy Plymouth Parkway pitch, Kadell Daniel saw a long range effort fielded by former United 'keeper James Hamon before Francis Amartey and Moses Emmanuel combined to work the ball to Elis Watts in the Truro box, but having shaped to shoot the ball was nicked off his toes and cleared.

Just after the half hour mark Tyler Harvey received the ball at the corner of the United area, his driven effort just clearing the United crossbar.

In first half stoppage time William Dean collected a fine crossfield pass but his effort from 18 yards was easily covered by Constable and the two sides went in scoreless at the interval.

Truro almost broke the deadlock less then two minutes into the second half as a cross from the left picked out Harvey at the near post but the normally deadly striker volleyed over when it looked easier to score.

The deaadlock was however broken by the hosts in controversial fashion on 54 minutes as a cross from the left flew across the United six yard box to be tapped in at the far stick by a rather offside looking Zac Hartley with United's appeals being waved away the goal stood.

Just beyond the hour mark Rio Garside was played through on goal, his shot being pushed out by Constable with the United stopper quickly back on his feet to dive on the loose ball.

In the 69th minute the hosts added a second with just a little help from sloppy play by the visitors. Possession was conceeded just inside the Truro half with an instant pass through the middle finding the speedy Andrew Neal who easily rounded Constable who was caught in no mans land before walking the ball into the vacant net.

Four minutes later United were back in it though as substitute Omar Rowe combined with Amos Nasha before finding Emmanuel who slotted beyond Hamon to reduce the deficit. Indeed just two minutes later it could have been all square as Rowe controlled a pass and fired in a goalbound 18 yard effort that Hamon pushed away with his defence clearing the danger.

Just one chance apiece remained, Neal fired just over from a tight angle on the right and two minutes from time Watts cut in from the right side only for his drive to be pushed away one handed by Hamon and the White Tigers defence cleared the danger and in doing so took maximum points.

Report by Kevin Watts.


Truro City
Hayes & Yeading United
James Hamon
Half-Time: 0 - 0

Full-Time: 2 - 1

Referee: Mr S Annis

Attendance: 151


Truro City:
Hartley (54)
Neal (69)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Emmanuel (73)

Ravan Constable
Owen Bevan Marcel Elva-Fountaine
Connor Riley-Lowe Jordan Norville-Williams
Oliver Tomlinson Charlie Wassmer
Zac Hartley © Liam McDevitt
Jamie Richards © Amos Nasha
Ryan Dickson Jack Connors
Will Dean Kadell Daniel
Tyler Harvey Moses Emmanuel
Rio Garside Francis Amartey
Andrew Neal Elis Watts
Niall Thompson Ben Frempah (for McDevitt, 86)
Shane White (for Neal, 86) Jack Williams
Ryan Brett (for Dickson, 67) Cole Brown
Ellis Johnson Omar Rowe (for Daniel, 70)
Louis Rooney Romey Meoded
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com