Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Swindon Supermarine

Swindon Supermarine 0
Hayes & Yeading Utd 4


Hayes & Yeading put the Spitfires to the sword for the second time this season, following up the opening day 3-0 victory at the SKYex by going one better at The Webbswood Stadium with United running out 4-0 winners this time around.

United introduced the returning Charlie Wassmer to the starting line-up some 12 years after his debut as a 19 year-old while other changes saw Scott Donnelly and Hassan Jalloh return to the starting XI with Kadell Daniel moving to the bench and Amos Nasha missing out through injury.

The visitors started off really well on the sodden bumpy pitch and took the lead with just 6 minutes played. Elis Watts fired in a corner from the right, Liam McDevitt received the ball beyond the far post and cushioned it nicely back to Hassan Jalloh who crashed the ball home from the edge of the box giving Martin Horsell in the hosts goal no chance.

Sadly this was to be Jalloh’s last involvement as he couldn’t run off an injury received just before scoring and his place was taken by Kadell Daniel with just nine minutes played.

In the eleventh minute Charlie Wassmer almost made it a dream third “debut” on his fiftieth United appearance when another corner from the right was helped on by a defensive header to the United man at the far post but his shot came crashing back off the upright before being scrambled away.

Ravan Constable, who was to have a fairly dormant match in the United goal, got his hands on the ball after 18 minutes when a smart cross-field pass picked out Henry Spalding but his tame effort was easily gathered by the United ‘keeper.

Two minutes later United were to score one of the goals of the season, and there has been a few. Cole Brown played the ball to Daniel who with a smart drag-back instantly span past his marker leaving him for dead before curling the ball into the top corner of the Spitfires net to double United’s season.

Watts soon after had a shot deflected just wide of the target after good work from Francis Amartey and a few moments later at the other end Constable had to be alert to push away a Ryan Campbell effort with the visitors having another half chance ten minutes later only for Harry Williams to fire across the United goal but the ball sailed well wide of the target.

With United dominant and two goals to the good the hosts did themselves no favours in stoppage time as George Dowling dived in to challenge Moses Emmanuel with referee Enever deeming the challenge dangerous and subsequently dismissing the Spitfires man from the field leaving them a half to play a man short.

It took United just seven minutes to make the numerical advantage count. Scott Donnelly played in a corner from the left side, McDevitt’s header in the centre was well saved by Horsell but he could only palm the ball upwards and Amartey was the most alert and headed over the line from close range.

As we approached the hour mark Watts saw a shot partially blocked into Horsell’s arms and shortly after Emmanuel met a Donnelly cross but his header dipped just over the host’s crossbar.

Chances were still falling in the main to United however in the 63rd minute Williams collected the ball in the United box and despite being well placed to test Constable, the striker fired wildly over. Soon after another opening at the opposite end saw Cole Brown outstrip Lewis Hall to reach the bye-line, his low centre being met by Emmanuel but his flick in the middle went wide of the target.

Emmanuel did find his 21st of the campaign on 60 minutes however, the striker popping up at the far post to head home another Donnelly corner kick and at 4-0 it was pretty much game over.

The only real opening in the final fifteen minutes went the way of the visitors who should really have got themselves a consolation, firstly a free-kick was met six yards out but headed wide and when the loose ball was retrieved a low shot was easily dealt with by Constable and United played out the game as 4-0 victors.

Report by Kevin Watts.


Swindon Supermarine
Hayes & Yeading United
Martin Horsell
Half-Time: 0 - 2

Full-Time: 0 - 4

Referee: Mr G Enever

Attendance: 307


Swindon Supermarine:

Hayes & Yeading United:
Jalloh (6)
Daniel (20)
Amartey (52)
Emmanuel (69)

Ravan Constable
Michael Hopkins Cole Brown
Lewis Hall Jordan Norville-Williams
George Dowling Charlie Wassmer
Tyrone Duffus © Liam McDevitt
Mat Liddiard © Sanmi Odelusi
Henry Spalding Scott Donnelly
Tom Mehew Hassan Jalloh
Kieran Phillips Moses Emmanuel
Harry Williams Francis Amartey
Ryan Campbell Elis Watts
Kinsly Murray Ben Frempah
Jamie Edge (for Phillips, 53) Jack Williams
Brad Hooper (for Campbell, 58) Jack Connors (for Norville-Williams, 64)
Zack Kotwica (for Spalding, 72) Kadell Daniel (for Jalloh, 9)
Louis Evans Marcel Elva-Fountaine (for Brown, 78)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com