Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 6
Poole Town 1

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

With leaders Farnborough’s game falling foul of the weather, Hayes & Yeading took full advantage by pummelling Poole Town 6-1 to move above ‘borough into the number one spot with both teams now having played 31 games although wins for Taunton Town and Met Police keep them very much in the hunt.

Manager Paul Hughes made a couple of adjustments to his starting line-up with Jordan Norville-Williams coming in for Jack Williams in defence while Jack Connors came in for Moses Emmanuel as the gaffer re-shaped his forward line for the visit of Poole to a very wet SKYex in the wake of Storm Eunice.

As had happened on Tuesday, United were quickly out of the blocks and this time around had the lead by the fifth minute. Jordan Ngalo threaded the ball through the Dolphins defence to Omar Rowe, the United man seeing his initial effort saved by former United stopper Mark Childs but Rowe was quickly onto the loose ball, turning his marker Sean Wright inside out before keeping his composure to strike the ball past the cover on the line and into the Poole net.

One became two less than ten minutes later when Kadell Daniel collected a Jordan Norville-Williams pass along the left side bye-line, his quick footwork saw him move past a defender before pulling the ball back to Amos Nasha, his shot was parried away by Childs only for Francis Amartey to head the rising ball past the defenders on the line.

Rowe went close to another shortly after when his shot from the right side of the Poole box struck the side netting and on 24 minutes the visitors had their first real look at the United goal when top scorer Tony Lee, just back from injury, fired across the United goal but comfortably wide of the far post.

The closing five minutes of the first half saw a chance carved out for both sides, for United Rowe worked his way into the Dolphins area only for his shot to be blocked away and then at the other end United lost possession deep in our own half to Corby Moore who tried to lob the ball over Constable but the United stopper easily caught his attempt and the half closed out with United two goals ahead.

With the wind now at the backs of the visitors Moore saw a 54th minute shot blocked straight to Lee but he stumbled over the ball under defensive pressure and it rolled harmlessly wide for a United goal-kick.

The hosts were soon back in control of proceedings though. Amartey broke into the area and despite being tackled the loose ball ran to Nasha who saw his shot deflect wide and just a couple of minutes later another United corner was played in by Nasha, Lee headed the ball out but only as far as Rowe who volleyed low into the corner of the net from the edge of the box for his second of the afternoon.

Shortly after United were to find the woodwork for the first time as Rowe sent Amartey into the box, his drive came back off the upright with the follow-up header from Rowe being held by Childs and then on 73 minutes a stroke of luck at the other end saw the Dolphins reduce the arrears when Luke Pardoe ollected a Ben Fremp[ah clearance on the edge of the box and fed the ball to Sean Wright who saw his 20 yard effort take a nick off Ben Frempah which wrong-footed Constable in the United goal.

Far from being disturbed by the visitors pulling one back, it took United just four minutes to re-establish the three goal cushion as Daniel collected a pass on the left and fed the ball inside to Nasha who set up Cole Brown and he drove the ball sweetly beyond Childs from the edge of the box for his second strike in consecutive games.

Six minutes remained and Amartey collected a Daniel pass inside the Dolphins area, turned inide his marker only to be denied once again by the same post as before, this time his initial effort flew back to him off the upright and despite beating Childs again with the follow-up the ball was cleared off the line by a well placed Sean Wright with Rowe firing the loose ball inches over the top.

United were not to be denied a fifth and even had time to add a sixth as we moved into the dying embers of the game. In the 85th minute Declan Rose inadvertently passed the ball straight to Rowe who immediately fed it through to Nasha and he took a touch before coolly slotting the ball past Childs for number five.

In the  89th minute Brown pounced on another poor Poole Town pass, this time from Sam Wright, midway inside the visitors half before racing forwards and rifling home his second of the game from an acute angle for United’s sixth, as we moved atop the Southern Premier South.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Stacio Fernandes ©.

United Man of the Match: Jack Connors.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Poole Town
Ravan Constable
Half-Time: 2 - 0

Full-Time: 6 - 1

Referee: Mr A Cresswell

Attendance: 209


Hayes & Yeading United:
Rowe (5 & 64)
Amartey (14)
Brown (77 & 89)
Nasha (85)

Poole Town:
Sean Wright (73)

Mark Childs
Cole Brown Declan Rose
Jordan Norville-Williams Luke Pardoe
Jordan Ngalo Sean Wright
Charlie Wassmer © © Jamie Whisken
Ben Frempah Luke Holmes
Jack Connors Josh Carmichael
Omar Rowe Corby Moore
Kadell Daniel Tony Lee
Francis Amartey Jack Seddon
Amos Nasha Jack Dickson
Keano Robinson (for Daniel, 84) Oliver Mayo
Jack Smith Will Butler
Jack Williams Sam Wright (for Seddon, 71)
Elis Watts (for Ngalo, 81) Michael Hubbard (for Whisken, 85)
Moses Emmanuel Tyler Forbes (for Holmes, 45)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com