Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Poole Town

Poole Town 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd 4


Hayes & Yeading made it 16 games unbeaten in all competitions by bringing maximum points back to Middlesex from Dorset with a 4-1 victory away at third placed Poole Town who started the day just one point behind United in the Southern Premier South table.

After two physically draining FA Cup ties against National South side Dorking Wanderers it was not surprising that injuries had taken their toll with Manager Paul Hughes making three changes to Tuesday's side with Keano Robinson, Amos Nasha and Scott Shulton coming into the starting line-up while the hosts were able to field an unchanged side from their last outing.

The Dolphins started quickly and with just four minutes played a deep cross from the left by Luke Holmes almost caught Tyla Dickinson out, the United stopper getting the faintest of touches onto the head of the divisions top scorer Tony Lee but he could only find the side netting.

With United very much on the defensive the hosts again went close in the 18th minute when Holmes collected the ball 20 yards from goal but his low effort was well fielded by Dickinson and a minute later Declan Rose cut in from the left before picking out Josh Carmichael but his dipping shot was too high to trouble the United goal.

Chances continued to come for the hosts with United not really having much forward motion at this time, Lee headed a free-kick wide of the target and shortly after a neat move involving Holmes, Lee and Brooklyn Genesini led to the latter shooting across the United six yard box and wide of the far post.

A first opening for United came on 34 minutes as Dinesh Gillela's cross from the right was met by Tyler Goodrham but his header was too high to trouble former United stopper Mark Childs in the hosts goal and then a melee a couple of minutes later saw three cautions dished out, one to Gillela and two to Poole players where many thought a red or two were more than possible.

On 39 minutes the deadlock was broken, and surprisingly based on the balance of play it was United who went ahead as Goodrham tried to pass his man on the left edge of the box only to be tripped with referee Ablitt deciding instantly that the challenge was inside the area and therefore warranted the award of a penalty kick. Moses Emmanuel took charge and gave Childs no chance from 12 yards to give United an unexpected lead.

Gillela was replaced at the break by Hassan Jalloh and it took the substitute just five minutes to get his name on the scoresheet and double the visitors lead although just beforehand the Dolphins had a chance to level only for Holmes to head wide at the far post. Then on 50 minutes Jalloh struck, Emmanuel did well to hold the ball on the right inside the box, his cross beating all and sundry in the middle with Jalloh stretching out a leg right on the post to touch the ball home.

United now had their tails up and with Liam McDevitt and his defence marshalling pretty much anything the Dolphins threw at them the visitors became more forceful on the attack. Just past the hour mark Francis Amartey raced away from the halfway line leaving the chasing defender in his wake but his final shot was well blocked by Childs who stood up well.

Soon after Jalloh sent Emmanuel through and he too out ran his marker only for his curling effort to go wide of the far post but on 72 minutes number three came when Emmanuel sent Amartey on his way once more, this time United's top scorer fired the ball between Childs legs for his 12th of the campaign.

The hosts were to get one their own two minutes later when a high ball into the United area was not dealt with and the ball dropped nicely to Sean Wright who beat Dickinson to reduce the arrears.

In the 80th minute it was almost four for the visitors as Emmanuel collected the ball in the Dolphins area and found Jalloh, his drive from the edge of the area being turned around the post by Childs and then with a minute to play United won a free-kick just outside the hosts box, Sanmi Odelusi stepped up and fired past the wall into the Dolphins net with Childs still rooted to the floor as the ball flashed into the net.

Stoppage time brought a final chance for Poole as Wright played the ball right to Jack Dickson but his shot from the acutest of angles was pushed around the post by Dickinson and United came home with a hard working 4-1 scoreline in their favour.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Keano Robinson.


Poole Town
Hayes & Yeading United

Mark Childs
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 1 - 4

Referee: Mr R Ablitt

Attendance: 443

Poole Town:
Wright (74)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Emmanuel (39 pen)
Jalloh (50)
Amartey (72)
Odelusi (89)

Tyla Dickinson
Declan Rose Dinesh Gillela
Brooklyn Genesini Jack Connors
Will Spetch Keano Robinson
Jamie Whisken © © Liam McDevitt
 Dan Bartlett Ben Frempah
 Josh Carmichael Amos Nasha
 Corby Moore Scott Shulton
 Tony Lee Moses Emmanuel 
 Luke Holmes Francis Amartey
 Jack Dickson Tyler Goodrham
Joe Wickham (for Carmichael, 57) Hassan Jalloh (for Gillela, 46)
Will Butler Jack Smith
Sean Wright (for Whisken, 72) Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick (for Goodrham, 82)
Sam Jackson Sanmi Odelusi (for Shulton, 72)
Will Fletcher (for Genesini, 57) Romey Meoded
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com