Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Met Police

Metropolitan Police 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1

It is now ten games unbeaten for Hayes & Yeading even though the 9 game 100% record slipped away at the Imber Court Sports Ground with a stubborn defensive display from the Metropolitan Police side seeing the spoils shared with a 1-1 final score.

United went into this one without the services of goalkeeper Jack Smith, skipper Liam McDevitt as well as joint top scorers Moses Emmanuel and Hassan Jalloh but still forged most of the chances in the game only to come up against a star performer in the form of Liam Beach in the hosts goal.

A couple of early forrage's into the home sides domain saw efforts from both Omar Rowe, after good build up play from Dinesh Gillela and Francis Amartey, and then Tyler Goodrham who had been set up by Gillela also, just clear Beach's crossbar.

A 20 minute spell where neither defence was really troubled followed and then another chance came United's way in the 26th minute as Amartey collected the ball in the left channel and set up a chance for Goodrham but his 20 yard drive was deflected just wide of the target.

United continued to push for the opener and with the hosts long ball game being well marshalled by the United back-line the openings were only really coming at one end. Goodrham had another effort from distance that curled inches wide of the far post before Beach was called into action again by the Oxford United loanee who ghosted in from the left side before unleashing a goalbound effort that was pushed over by the home 'keeper.

The only real moment of panic at the back for United came in first half stoppage time when Ollie Knight played a swinging free-kick in from the right side that flew across the six yard box and without a touch in the middle went just wide of the far post and the sides went in scoreless at the break.

Just two minutes after the re-start the hosts were thankful to Beach once more, Debutant Jack Connors played a corner kick short to Goodrham who set the ball back to Connors who let fly from the edge of the box, the trajectory of his shot changed as Jack Mazzone attempted a block as the home stopper showed excellent reflexes to push the ball over the top.

Two minutes later he was beaten though, a long Ravan Constable kick was brought down by Amartey who wriggled his way into the box past his marker and fired past Beach from a tight angle to put United ahead.

This goal seemed to finally kick start the home side and just before the hour mark another Knight free-kick was played deep this time, Mazzone got his head to the ball at the far post but his effort deflected wide.

Another opening for United in the 65th minute saw Jordan Norville-Williams and Omar Rowe combine to create an opening for Goodrham to shoot but once again his effort was well blocked by the home defence and this proved crucial for them as just two minutes later they drew level. The hosts were awarded a contentious free-kick on the right side about 25 yards from goal, Knight again played the ball in firmly and this time it was met by home skipper Oliver Robinson who glanced his header beyond Constable into the far corner.

Both sides continued to look for a winner but the majority of the openings came the way of Paul Hughes' side.

Goodrham met a Norville-Williams cross at the far post but his header was too high and on 77 minutes at the other end a long throw-in was only cleared as far as Luke Robertson who flashed a volley inches wide of the United goal.

The final ten minutes saw United as the most likely to break the deadlock. Rowe hit a snapshot from the corner of the box that Beach pushed away and minutes later Amartey collected the ball inside the six yard box only to be denied by Beach's outstretched boot that sent the ball wide.

On 86 minutes United must have thought they had it sewn up only to be denied by a brilliant piece of goalkeeping from Beach. Substitute Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick worked into the box on the left before picking out Amartey six yards from goal, his drive looked a certain strike but for a superb one handed save from the home 'keeper that saw them claim a point and thus take away United's 100% start to the league campaign.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Sanmi Odelusi.


Metropolitan Police
Hayes & Yeading United
Liam Beach
Half-Time: 0 - 0

Full-Time: 1 - 1

Referee: Mr J Oxenham

Attendance: 294


Metropolitan Police:
Robinson (67)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Amartey (49)

Ravan Constable
Zac Chislett Dinesh Gillela
Joe Rabbetts Jordan Norville-Williams
Oliver Robinson © Amos Nasha
Bernie Tanner Keano Robinson
Louis Birch Ben Frempah
 Ollie Knight © Sanmi Odelusi
Luke Robertson Omar Rowe
Jack Mazzone Jack Connors
Liam Ferdinand Francis Amartey
Rudy Allen Tyler Goodrham
Sam De Ste Croix Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick (for Connors, 71)
Archie Vincent Delroy Preddie
Archy Taylor Samir Bajja
Jack Knight (for Mazzone, 89) Rico Greco
Jasper Mather Romey Meoded
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com