Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 6
Hartley Wintney 1

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

Hayes & Yeading's 100% start to the season continued after a comprehensive six goal second half followed United's most lacklustre opening 45 of the season which saw the visitors go in ahead at the break.

Manager Paul Hughes gave debuts to new signings Dinesh Gillela and Tyler Goodrham while Afo Soyemi-Ololade came in for his first start in place of the injured Moses Emmanuel. Another new-old face saw Samir Bajja return to take a place on the bench.

As the game got underway, the visitors showed good forward motion and with just 6 minutes played Dean Stow broke away past the United defence only to shoot weakly straight at Ravan Constable in the United goal and ten minutes later the same player tried his luck from 20 yards with a free-kick that Constable did well to push around the post.  

The visitors seemed to be hugging the majority of the ball and it was not until the 34th minute that United created a noteworthy opening when Amos Nasha played the ball across the edge of the Hartley box, Omar Rowe connected first time with a volley but his effort was wide of the target.

A couple of minutes later at the other end, Khalid Simmo received the ball in the United area, Liam McDevitt did well to turn him away from goal but he still managed an effort on the turn that was held by Constable.

The final few minutes of the half saw a chance from Rowe's free-kick that Luke Williams in the visitors goal held comfortably and with just a minute to play Hartley played the ball forwards to Stow, his neat touch left found Jordan Edwards who smashed home an unstoppable shot from 18 yards and the visitors went in ahead at the break.

I am not privy to what was said at half-time in the United changing room but it seemed as if a different team came out after the break with the home side striking three times in just nine minutes after the re-start to turn the game on its head.

In the 48th minute, debutant Tyler Goodrham won the ball on the right wing and fed it to Francis Amartey who raced into the box before squaring the ball to Omar Rowe who had the simple task of rolling home the equaliser.

Three minutes later Jordan Norville-Williams played a fine ball forwards into the run of Afo Soyemi-Ololade, the young striker outpacing the visitors defence before firing past Williams from a tight angle, the striker being alert enough to pounce on the loose ball as it came back off the far post, to put United ahead.

With 54 minutes played United scored the goal of the game, Amartey collected the ball wide on the left, held it up under challenge before looking up to see the on-coming Goodrham who without hesitation coolly passed the ball into the top corner of Williams' net from the edge of the box.

Just beyond the hour mark the visitors almost had one back when Jacques Kpohomouh crossed from the right side, Josh Webb arriving in the box placing a first time shot inches wide of the United goal.

The woodwork was to deny United a fourth in the 71st minute when Norville-Williams, Hassan Jalloh and Amartey neatly switched passes on the left with Jalloh sending Amartey through, the striker curling the ball past Williams only for it to come back off the crossbar to safety.

Five minutes later the visitors threw away a good chance to test Constable as Edwards advanced into the box and set up a shooting chance for former United man Sam Argent, his effort going well wide of the target.

The exciting final eight minutes saw a red card, a saved penalty and three more United goals.

On 82 minutes United substitute Samir Bajja ran into the visitors area before feeding the ball left to a free Amartey who was tripped by Kpohomouh with referee Kyle deeming a goalscoring chance had been denied and the defender was shown a red card with a penalty duly being awarded. With regular taker Moses Emmanuel injured, Amartey took over the 12 yard duties only for his kick to be saved by Williams with Jalloh touching home the rebound from a saved penalty for the second consecutive game (above left).

Four minutes from time Goodrham broke away on the right wing before pulling the ball back to Bajja who helped it on to Rowe who in turn slotted it beyond Williams and just inside the far post and then in the final minute Goodrham provided another assist as he sent Jalloh through on goal, the United man drawing a dive from Williams before sliding the ball into the Hartley net to give United a 6-1 victory, something that looked highly unlikely at the break. 

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Stacio Fernandes ©.

United Man of the Match: Tyler Goodrham.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Hartley Wintney
Ravan Constable
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 6 - 1

Referee: Mr S Kyle

Attendance: 200


Hayes & Yeading United:
Rowe (48 & 86)
Soyemi-Ololade (51)
Goodrham (54)
Jalloh (83 & 90)

Hartley Wintney:
Edwards (44)

Luke Williams
Dinesh Gillela Jacques Kpohomouh
Jordan Norville-Williams Ryan Case
Amos Nasha © Nathan Smart
Liam McDevitt © Matt Drage
Ben Frempah Josh Webb 
Sanmi Odelusi Sam Shaw
Omar Rowe Jordan Edwards
Afo Soyemi-Ololade Sam Argent
Francis Amartey Dean Stow
Tyler Goodrham Khalid Simmo
Rico Greco (for Rowe, 90+1) Ollie Allen
Keano Robinson Reece Wylie (for Webb, 73)
Jamie Hanlon Patrick Motindo (for Stow, 73)
Samir Bajja (for Soyemi-Ololade, 77) George Sheridan
Hassan Jalloh (for Odelusi, 36) Toby Raggett (for Simmo, 73)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com