Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report


Hayes & Yeading Utd 4
Farnborough 2

HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

Hayes & Yeading's first home Southern League fixture for more than two months saw Paul Hughes' side take maximum points from League leaders Farnborough courtesy of a four goal blast in a twenty minute first half spell that blew the visitors away.

As you would expect from two of the leading title chasers it was a tense opening to the first half, the visitors had large amounts of possession early on however the best chance of the opening twenty minutes fell to United after just 6 minutes. Omar Rowe advanced from midfield with the ball and played in Hassan Jalloh who slotted it past Dante Baptiste in the Boro' goal only for it to come back off the post, hit Richard Orlu and loop up onto the roof of the net.

The visitors subsequently had a couple of free-kicks just outside the area however nothing came in to trouble Tyla Dickinson in the United goal and then in the 20th minute United struck first. Rowe found Francis Amartey on the left wing, the United striker using his pace to outstrip Boro' defender Seth Owens before pulling the ball back across the six yard box to Moses Emmanuel who fired into the roof of the net at the far stick.

Just two minutes later United had another in almost identical fashion. This time Amartey left Louie Paget in his wake on the left, his low centre was touched away inside the six yard box by Owens but only as far as Jalloh who fired home from ten yards to double United's lead.

In the 31st minute Emmanuel had a second and United a third. Marcel Elva-Fountaine moved forwards and found Jalloh who helped the ball on to Emmanuel and from the edge of the box he clipped the ball past Baptiste and just inside the post with the chasing Owens unable to reach the ball before it hit the back of the visitors net.

Three minutes later it could have been four for the hosts, Amartey received the ball in an advanced position, turned past Boro' skipper Orlu only to be denied by Baptiste who pushed his effort around the post. The resultant corner was met by Ben Frempah but comfortably held by Baptiste.

Another soon came however, Amartey collected the ball once more on the left inside the Boro' area, having teased Paget one way and then the other he got a shot away that appeared to be heading for the far corner but ended up deflecting in off Orlu anyway.   

As we entered first half stoppage time it could have been five when Emmanuel chipped the ball through to Amartey but he was foiled by a well timed tackle from Jordan Rose that took the ball away from the United striker and the half closed with a very contented United following seeing their side go in 4-0 ahead.

Just three minutes after the break Amartey was sent through on goal by a perfect Emmanuel back-heel, this time Baptiste was equal to him and did well to stand up and block out the United strikers' shot with his body and two minutes later he again foiled the United man, this time holding a low drive after Amartey again worked space in the visitors box.

In the 52nd minute the visitors got a lucky break that saw them reduce the deficit when an Elis Watts shot from the right corner of the box beat Dickinson's dive and struck the post only to come back into play and hit the unfortunate stopper, going back into the net for an own goal.  

Five minutes later the visitors further reduced the arrears as Selim Saied found space in the United box, his shot aimed at the far post appeared to be going wide before deflecting in off Jordan Norville-Williams and we were now at 4-2.

Paul Hughes reacted to this by replacing Jalloh with a more defensive minded Scott Shulton and this seemed to work well as the visitors did not really cause Dickinson any trouble for the remainder of the game with the United defence fending off anything coming their way and Shulton holding court just in front of them. 

The only real opening for the reminder of the game actually fell to United on 73 minutes with Tyler Goodrham's forward run seeing him pick out Amartey who once again was foiled by Baptiste who blocked the strikers shot away with an outstretched boot. 

Report by Kevin Watts.

Sponsors United Man of the Match: Tyler Goodrham.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Tyla Dickinson
Half-Time: 4 - 0

Full-Time: 4 - 2

Referee: Mr M Stevens

Attendance: 392


Hayes & Yeading United:
Emmanuel (20 & 31)
Jalloh (22)
Amartey (38)

Dickinson (52 own goal)
Norville-Williams (57 own goal)

Dante Baptiste
Marcel Elva-Fountaine Louie Paget
Jordan Norville-Williams Frankie Sutherland
Sanmi Odelusi © Selim Saied
Keano Robinson © Richard Orlu
Ben Frempah Seth Owens
Hassan Jalloh Ricky Holmes
Omar Rowe Sam Deering
Moses Emmanuel David Pratt
Francis Amartey Paul Hodges
Tyler Goodrham Reggie Young
Liam McDevitt Michael Elias-Fernandes (for Hodges, 82)
Jack Smith Elis Watts (for Young, 46)
Amos Nasha (for Odelusi, 28) George Butler
Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick (for Goodrham, 86) Jordan Rose (for Owens, 34)
Scott Shulton (for Jalloh, 58) Harry Cooksley
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com