Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Dorchester Town

Dorchester Town 0
Hayes & Yeading United 1


A stoppage time Francis Amartey strike was just about enough to earn Hayes & Yeading an eighth win in nine league games but it was a hard slog against a very defence minded Dorchester Town side who could indeed have taken all three points themselves with a few breakaway chances but by the end the United goal remained intact.

Manager Paul Hughes named a very attack minded starting XI and his side almost took the lead in just the ninth minute when a low near post cross from Dinesh Gillela was palmed out by Alan Walker-Harris in the Magpies goal, one of his own defenders then almost sliced the ball back into his own net before skipper Thiago Caze Da Silva cleared off the line.

With the hosts showing little attacking intent thus far, another opening came for United in the 20th minute as Tyler Goodrham fed the ball to Omar Rowe who advanced into the Magpies area before putting Francis Amartey through, his effort was well blocked out at close quarters by Walker-Harris and the danger was averted.

This close shave finally seemed to kick the hosts out of their own half and five minutes later Sam Bayston sprayed the ball wide to Alfie Stanley who rolled it back square to his teammate but Bayston's effort was too high to trouble Ravan Constable although he was needed a couple of minutes later when Bayston was played through in similar fashion to Amartey earlier, this time the United stopper was quickly down to block the effort and when the ball ran loose to Tom Purrington he fired wide of the target.

The Magpies were almost gifted a goal on the half hour mark when a loose pass in the middle of the park saw Purrington collect and with Constable on the edge of his box the hosts midfielder tried his luck from fully 40 yards with his effort thankfully for United landing on the roof of the net.

The rest of the limited chances in the half all went the way of United. Rowe found Moses Emmanuel 20 yards out but his shot went the wrong side of the upright and then with six minutes left before the break a Sanmi Odelusi corner was dummied by Rowe with the ball falling to Emmanuel, his first time shot crashed back off the Magpies crossbar and as Rowe tried to collect just inside the box he appeared to be tripped only for referee Jenkins to allow play to continue despite United's appeals for a penalty.

Just before the half closed out Hassan Jalloh played the ball inside to Emmannuel who played it further on the Amartey but his shot was too high and the half closed out scoreless. 

A half time change for United saw Amos Nasha replace Rowe but it was first chance, of what was to be very few, to the hosts as just a couple of minutes after the re-start Christos Papakonstantinou burst through the middle twisting and turning the United defence as he reached the edge of the box before his final effort was well blocked out by Ben Frempah and the danger passed.

Two minutes later United went close as a cross-cum-shot from the left from Goodrham went inches wide of the far post and soon after the hosts created another opening as Purrington and Bayston again combined with the former seeing his angled drive held by Constable.

With time now running out, United again went close when two substitutes combined with Jack Connors playing the ball forwards up the left touchline to Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick, he cut inside and under challenge hit a low shot that Walker-Harris pouched fairly comfortably.

Stoppage time was to prove decisive and painful for United stopper Ravan Constable as United secured the points but at the cost of an injury to the in-form 'keeper.

The winner was to come in the first minute of added time, Gillela broke away on the right side and got to the bye-line, his pull back caused panic in the six yard box as Emmanuel collected the ball only for it to be poked away from him by a defender but with Amartey peeling away from the pack the ball ran straight to him and he fired past Walker-Harris from 12 yards much to the joy of the fantastic and very vocal travelling support.

Sadly a few minutes later and with pretty much the last action of the game Constable raced out from his goal to clear a long throughabll and in the process of being challenged both players ended up on the deck with the United 'keeper being transported to hospital by ambulance after the final whistle had been blown having spent a good fifteen minutes on the ground.

The good news coming from the club last night was that Ravan has an injured hip but it was neither fractured or dislocated so hopefully he will be back in contention for the number 1 shirt soon, it goes without saying we all wish him a speedy recovery.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Tyler Goodrham.


Dorchester Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Alan Walker-Harris
Half-Time: 0 - 0

Full-Time: 0 - 1

Referee: Mr S Jenkins

Attendance: 396


Dorchester Town:

Hayes & Yeading United:
Amartey (90+1)

Ravan Constable
Oakley Hanger Dinesh Gillela
Tiago Sa Jordan Norville-Williams
Thiago Caze Da Silva © © Sanmi Odelusi
Charlie Madden Keano Robinson
Ben Hughes Ben Frempah
Sam Bayston Hassan Jalloh
Tom Purrington Omar Rowe
Alfie Stanley Moses Emmanuel 
Billy Lowes Francis Amartey
Christos Papakonstantinou Tyler Goodrham
Kieran Phillips (for Bayston, 70)  Liam McDevitt
Lerone Plummer (for Stanley, 76) Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick (for Goodrham, 76)
George Calverley Amos Nasha (for Rowe, 46)
Harry Hodges Samir Bajja
Flavio Tavares (for Papakonstantinou, 63) Jack Connors (for Jalloh, 70)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com