Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Hendon FC

Beaconsfield Town  0
Hayes & Yeading Utd 2


Hayes & Yeading closed out the month of August with a perfect five out of five which leaves Paul Hughes side three points clear at the top of the Southern Premier South table but as we know there is a long way to go yet.

United made a single enforced change to the starting XI that defeated Taunton Town on Saturday with newly re-signed goalkeeper Ravan Constable taking over between the sticks in place of the injured Jack Smith.

As we had on Saturday, United were quickly out of the blocks with a fourth minute Omar Rowe free-kick bringing Beaconsfield stopper Michael Neish into action as he fielded comfortably after the shot by-passed the home wall.

Five minutes later Francis Amartey collected the ball on the left wing, his low driven cross being met by a sliding Moses Emmanuel but his touch took the ball inches wide of Neish's upright.

Still United pressed and the pressure paid dividends in the 13th minute. Hassan Jalloh had already seen a corner partially cleared to Lanre Ladipo, his drive from 25 yards being deflected over. The resultant kick this time around was played short to Rowe with Jalloh collecting the return having moved into the box and firing past Neish from 12 yards out to put United ahead.

With the hosts constant long ball game giving minimal problems to the well marshalled United back-line, on 16 minutes Jalloh almost had a second as Jordan Norville-Williams played the ball in from the left, a neat Rowe step-over saw the pass continue to Emmanuel who fed Jalloh but this time his shot was fired into the side netting.

A minute later a break away from the home side saw Nathan Minhas race towards the United box, his driven shot being superbly blocked away by the sliding Ladipo with the ball being cleared to safety soon after.

Chances continued to wrack up and United struck the woodwork soon after. Emmanuel raced through on goal, getting to the ball before Neish to prod it goalwards only for Jordan Aghatise to touch the effort wide. The resultant Jalloh corner was met by Ben Frempah who saw his header come back off the face of the crossbar before being cleared by the home defence.

A close call at the other end for United in the 32nd minute saw yet another long ball pumped forwards, veteran former United striker Jefferson Louis flicked the ball on the Tyrone Lewthwaite who hit a dipping 20 yard volley that went just wide of Ravan Constable's right-hand post.
The final chance of the first half again fell to United on 38 minutes as Emmanuel collected a deep pass before pulling it back to Amos Nasha who fired just over the top from 20 yards out and the half closed out without further drama and United went in a goal to the good at half-time.

The first 15 minutes after the re-start saw United controlling the chances and on 56 minutes finding a second goal. Just three minutes in, Emmanuel had a shot that was blocked back to Jalloh who touched the ball back to Emmanuel only for Neish to save well with his legs.

Seconds later Neish was again required as Ladipo sent Amartey away on the right side, the striker cuting into the area only to be denied by the stopper who blocked his shot away although on 56 minutes Amartey was not to be denied as Ladipo again picked him out, the striker cutting inside and firing the ball across Neish into the far side of the Rams net.

Ladipo himself had a shot from range soon after that just dipped over the hosts goal and then a couple of rare openings for the home side came just beyond the hour mark. Scott Davies played a free-kick into the United box that was met by the head of Nathan Minhas only to be blocked wide by a well placed Liam McDevitt and a couple of minutes later another free-kick saw Davies bend the ball around the wall with Constable saving comfortably at the foot of the post.

The final 15 minutes saw little really in the way of chances although Neish was required once more in the 77th minute as Jalloh raced forwards from halfway before threading a pass to Amartey who raced on goal only to be denied once more by the impressive Neish in the home goal.

A couple of minutes later the final noteworthy opening again fell to the visitors as Jalloh crossed from the left corner of the box but Amartey could not keep his diving header down and United coasted through to a more than comfortable 2-0 victory.      

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Jordan Norville-Williams.


Beaconsfield Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Michael Neish
Half-Time: 0 - 1

Full-Time: 0 - 2

Referee: Mr S Parkinson

Attendance: 224


Beaconsfield Town:

Hayes & Yeading United:
Jalloh (13)
Amartey (56)

Ravan Constable
Marcus Johnson-Schuster Keano Robinson
Alex Lafleur Jordan Norville-Williams
Jordan Aghatise Amos Nasha
Oliver Sprague © Liam McDevitt
Scott Davies Ben Frempah
Kensley Maloney Lanre Ladipo
Aaron Minhas Omar Rowe
Jefferson Louis © Moses Emmanuel 
Tyrone Lewthwaite Francis Amartey
Nathan Minhas Hassan Jalloh
Luke Neville Romey Meoded
Scott Donnelly Lewis Lavin
Callum Webb (for N Minhas, 81) Jamie Hanlon
Toby Little (for A Minhas, 81) Sanmi Odelusi (for Ladipo, 66)
Dylan Kearney (for Louis, 58) Adam Cash (for McDevitt, 89)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com