Hayes & Yeading United

First Team

Match Report

Hanwell Town 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd


Hayes & Yeading’s pre-season preparations continued at the Powerday Stadium on Tuesday evening with Paul Hughes’ side registering an emphatic 6-1 victory over Isthmian South Central side Hanwell Town in our latest behind closed doors friendly.

The gaffer started with an experienced XI and a swift move forwards on 16 minutes saw Omar Rowe send Jack Williams away on the left, the defender whipping in a cross that was met by the on-coming Rowe but his header was just too high to trouble the home ‘keeper.

The same two combined within a minute, this time Williams was the recipient of a Rowe pass inside the box, his first time effort being held by the Hanwell ‘keeper.

A chance apiece hit the notebook just past the half hour mark. Firstly for United Rowe advanced onto a neat throughball, as the ‘keeper went to ground Rowe tried to lift the ball over his head only to be denied by a fine save as the stopper got a strong hand to the ball with his defence clearing the danger.

Two minutes later at the other end a deep corner from the left was met by the Hanwell centre-forward but his header was also too high to trouble Renell McKenzie-Lyle in the United goal.

The breakthrough came on 39 minutes, Williams received the ball inside the box and just as he shaped to shoot a double handed push in the back sent him tumbling leaving referee Griffin with little option but to point to the spot. Hassan Jalloh took the kick and fired confidently into the hosts net.

At the break Paul Hughes threw on Rico Greco along with Karl Cunningham, Dylan Kearney and Scott Donnelly and before an hour had been played both Greco and Cunningham were on the scoresheet.

In the 49th minute Donnelly played the ball to Rowe on the right side, he cut past his marker and fired in a low cross that was touched home at the far post by United’s trialist left-back Rico Greco.

Just before the hour mark United notched a third as Kearney’s cross from the left was controlled and fired home by Cunningham.

On 73 minutes the hosts reduced the arrears with a nice move down the left side that saw a low driven centre turned home at the near post under challenge from ‘keeper and defence but the ball still squeezed home.

The final ten minutes belonged to United as three more strikes gave a slightly lopsided edge to the final scoreline.

The 82nd minute saw Cunningham double his tally for the night as a right wing cross was well held up in the middle by Kearney who slipped the ball left for his teammate to confidently fire home and then two minutes later Kearney himself got on the scoresheet, collecting a ball in from the right and firing home on the turn off the right-hand upright.

United did however save the best for last as with virtually the last kick of the game Donnelly collected the ball inside the Hanwell half but adjacent to the side of the centre circle, having spotted the ‘keeper off his line, the United man audaciously chipped the ball home from around 50 yards for United's sixth of the evening.

We thank Hanwell for their hospitality and wish them well for the coming season.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hanwell Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Half-Time: 0-1

Full-Time: 1-6

Referee: Mr C Griffin

Attendance: 000


Hanwell Town:
#15 (73)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Jalloh (39 pen)
Greco (49)
Cunningham (58 & 82)
Kearney (84)
Donnelly (90)

Renell McKenzie-Lyle
X Bay Downing
X Jack Williams
X Siju Odelusi
X © Liam McDevitt
X Callum Buckley
X Sanmi Odelusi
X Hassan Jalloh
X Shomari Barnwell
X Francis Amartey
X Omar Rowe
X Rico Greco (for Williams, 46)
X Scott Donnelly (for Amartey, 46)
X Karl Cunningham (for Jalloh, 46)
X Dylan Kearney (for Barnwell, 46)
X Andrew Herring (for Downing, 62)
X Komal Llewellyn-Reid (for McDevitt, 62)
X Antonio Walker (for Sanmi Odelusi, 62)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com