Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 0
Wealdstone 0

(Wealdstone win 5-3 on penalties)

Hayes & Yeading’s under 18 side fought hard against a tough Wealdstone side at the SKYex on Wednesday evening but with the game ending scoreless it went to penalties and the visitors were just too accurate from the spot, running out 5-3 winners to progress to the next round of the Samba Youth League Cup.

Both sides created an early opening, first to show were the home side as Marcus Pancho outpaced the last defender chasing a throughball, the United striker poking the ball past the on-rushing Harry Way in the Stones goal only for the ball to roll agonisingly wide of the post.

Within a minute the visitors created a good opening of their own as Josip Jeudjic swept the ball in from the left to Dillon Debbado but he scooped his shot over the top when well placed.

Way was called into action again in the eleventh minute. Jordan Danquah headed the ball on to Pancho, his shot being touched wide by a full stretch Way dive. The resultant corner from Jahrome Evans picked out Danquah in the middle but his header was too high to trouble Way.

Twenty minutes had run off the clock when a burst forwards from Stones Jayde Crotty resulted in a low driven shot that was well held by the diving Reece Mbanini in the United goal.

The last real effort of the first half came just past the half hour mark as Crotty again collected the ball midway inside the United half, the winger trying an audacious lob from 35 yards that landed on the roof of the United net and we went in scoreless at half-time.

The Stones started the second half on the front foot. Mohammed Rehmat-Ali found Debbado on the left of the United box, his low driven cross just evading the sliding Ryan Morgan inside the six yard box and further danger was averted by the United defence who cleared the ball to safety.

Just past the hour Mbanini was needed again as a Stones player broke into the United area from the right, his low shot being blocked away by the legs of the United stopper.

Minutes later substitute Jason Evans collected in midfield and tried his luck from 30 yards, his effort just dipping over the Stones goal before a Stones effort from the edge of the United box went just wide of the target at the other end.

The final minutes saw two chances, both for the home side. Pancho won possession on the left side and hit a shot from an angle that Way held comfortably and then in stoppage time Anotida Mano cut inside and tried his luck from 20 yards but his low drive again went the wrong side of the upright and off to penalties we went.

The visitors started first and despite Mbanini getting a touch on the first three kicks, the Stones went on to score all five kicks whereas United’s second kick was saved by Way making a fifth United kick unnecessary as the visitors ran out 5-3 winners from the spot.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Reece Mbanini.

Hayes & Yeading United
Reece Mbanini

Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 0-0

Penalties: 3-5

Referee: Mr J Ohene

Attendance: 40


Hayes & Yeading United:


Harry Way
Anton Oni
Ritchie Maluda
Anotida Mano
Luca Perrin
Oliver Davey
Lewis Crowley
Barsa Mirtahmasebi
Jack Warburton ©
Henry Lukombo ©
Josip Jeudjic
Jahrome Evans
Jayde Crotty
Jordan Danquah
Isaac Stones
Rocco Alessi
Mohammed Rehmat-Ali
Marcus Pancho
Ryan Morgan
Wesley Lekes
Dillon Debbado
Emmanuel Robe (for Alessi, 54)
Dylan Krikler (for Morgan, 68)
Adam Holder
Teodor Vizireanu (for Crotty, 71)
Jules Downing (for Davey, 48)
Luke Massingham
Jason Evans (for Danquah, 48)
Jake Knight
Gueladje Djalo (for Lekes, 78)
Jhamali Esprit
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy