Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Staines Town 2

Hayes & Yeading’s new look under 18 side started this season’s campaign against an equally new look Staines Town outfit at the SKYex on a warm August evening with both sides’ winning a half 2-0 leaving the points shared at full-time.

The first shot in anger fell to the young Swans in just the fifth minute when Brennan Denness-Barratt won possession inside the United half, he played the ball square to Alex Chuck but his 20 yard effort was just too high to trouble Reece Mbanini in the United goal.

United took the lead in fine fashion on eleven minutes with their first meaningful attack on the Swans goal. Skipper Henry Lukombo pushed forwards and found Marcus Pancho on the edge of the box, his neat back-heel pass found Jaden Sharman on the left of the box and he fired the ball across the six yard box to Rocco Alessi who tucked it home past Armando Shkoza in the visitors goal.

Within a minute the visitors were almost level as Lewis Henderson collected the ball on the right corner of the United box and unleashed a drive that appeared to be heading for the top corner only for Mbanini to react quickly with a superb full stretch tip over.

Play was constantly switching from end to end, Jahrome Evans and Pancho combined well on the edge of the Swans box, the latter flicking the ball into the run of Sharman who was denied by Shkoza not once but twice as the ‘keeper pushed out his initial effort before quickly recovering to touch the rebound wide for a corner, the resultant kick being met in the middle by Anton Oni but his header was off target.

The visitors again went close to levelling minutes later when a cross from the left was partially punched out by Mbanini but only to Mustafa Ahmed who shot through a crowd only for a well placed United defender to clear the ball off the line.

Two good chances in a couple of minutes for United’s Pancho followed, the striker collected from Alessi and hit a shot that looked goalbound but for an excellent headed block by Henderson, the ball going back to Pancho but his follow-up volley was too high. Minutes later Alessi played the ball down the left flank to the ever running Sharman, the wide-man catching the ball on the bye-line before pulling it back to Pancho who saw his curling effort go inches wide of the upright.

A five minute spell late in the half saw two more good chances for the visitors but a lack of composure from the young players in front of goal kept United ahead. Denness-Barratt again won possession for his side, this time in the United area, before rolling the ball across the six yard box to Lenny Avison who managed to scopp it over the bar with just Mbanini to beat.

Denness-Barratt a few minutes later played a free-kick into the danger area, Henderson controlled the ball but Mbanini was too quick and the United stopper snuffed out the chance.

Right on the stroke of half-time the home side doubled their advantage when Sharman played a free-kick into the box and Alessi showed speed and composure to fire home his and United’s second from close range.

The second half was to not have as much push and vim and vigour as the first which with two very young teams on a hot evening was not really surprising. The first opening came just two minutes in for the visitors, the ball broke loose in the United box, Mbanini did very well to push away the initial shot before quickly getting up to block away Avison’s rebound, from an acute angle, with his boot.

Two chances soon came for United to extend the lead. Pancho received a flick on and despite bringing the ball nicely under control his shot flew across goal and wide of the far post and then right on the hour Lukombo and Evans combined to send Sharman through only for him to be denied by a good save from Shkoza.

Having almost taken a three goal lead, less than ten minutes and two shots later, the sides were level. First to find the net for the visitors was substitute Braydon Tanner who collected a part cleared corner before trying his luck from 20 yards, the shot taking a wicked deflection off a United defender which left Mbanini wrong footed as the ball flew into the net.

Minutes later another drive from the edge of the United box, this time by Cartwright was touched home en route by Avison to bring the two sides level.

Try as both teams might for the final quarter of the game, energy levels by now were dropping and little was created in front of goal so both managers had to be happy with an opening day point and we move on the next weeks’ FA Youth Cup tie at home to Ashford Town (Middlesex).

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Jaden Sharman.

Hayes & Yeading United
Staines Town
Reece Mbanini

Half-Time: 2-0

Full-Time: 2-2

Referee: Mr N Hickes

Attendance: 47


Hayes & Yeading United:
Alessi (11 & 45)

Staines Town:
Tanner (61)
Avison (67)

© Armando Shkoza
Anton Oni
Owen Cartwright
Ryan Smith
Mohamed Yaxye
Oliver Davey
Lewis Henderson
Gueladje Djalo
Charlie Hill
Henry Lukombo ©
Johann Aidoo
Jahrome Evans
Lenny Avison
Jordan Danquah
Dimi Mario-Lukoki
Marcus Pancho
Brennan Denness-Barratt
Rocco Alessi
Alex Chuck
Jaden Sharman
Mustafa Ahmed
Anotida Mano (for Smith, 84)
Bikramjit Khaira
Alfie Gocol
Yasin Ali
Joe Weight (for Davey, 66)
Braydon Tanner (for Mario-Lukoki, 46)
Jules Downing (for Danquah, 49)
Giuseppe Smeraglia (for Aidoo, 65)
Oluwajenyo Balogun
Edson Junior (for Chuck, 75)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy