Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Wealdstone 2

Before I start the match details, a heads up on the game as it was actually played as 55 minutes each half therefore with the goal/substitute times below I have counted 10 minutes additional time each half for example United's equaliser was scored with the last kick of the game so is noted as 90+10, confused? You will be?

For United's second pre-season outing, Manager Paul Hughes again opted to use in excess of 20 players to see what the trialists had to offer alongside his already signed players with Stones Manager Dean Brennan taking a similar approach.

An early effort on goal from the visitors saw Jack Smith deal comfortably with a Connor Smith shot from distance with a similar effort minutes after from United's Hani Berchiche again saw an easy collection for established Stones stopper Jonathan North.

In the fifteenth minute Smith and the woodwork came to United's rescue as fine link up play between Nick Arnold and Smith saw the latter pick out Danny Green who saw his well struck volley tipped onto the crossbar by the United 'keeper with the follow-up being deflected out for a corner kick. The kick was played directly to Smith who saw his shot blocked by a teammate inside the six yard box allowing the defence to clear.

Five minutes later though the Stones were ahead when Ross Lafayette threaded the ball through to Green who fired clinically past Smith.

Just before the 40 minute mark an injury to North forced the visitors into a precautionary change between the sticks with Dylan Paterson taking over the gloves. He was soon in action albeit he was able to comfortably field a long range effort from United right-back Dan Spence.

With the half in it's final ten minutes, catagorised as mentioned above as "stoppage time", Paterson saved from Toby Little and then with just a minute left a trip on former United loanee Jack Sheppard in the box saw referee Griffin awarded the Stones with a spot kick. Lafayette strolled up and coolly sent Smith the wrong way to put the visitors two goals to the good.

At the break both managers made many changes meaning effectively a different match was to form the second half and with that came many more chances and a much more open game for those present to enjoy.

Just five minutes in the woodwork again came to United's aid as Dejon Noel-Williams hit a fierce drive on the turn from the edge of the box that beat Smith only to come back off the upright. Minutes later Noel-Williams collected the ball in the United box but under pressure from Michael O'Neil could only fire straight at Smith.

United's first opening of the half drew a fine save from Paterson as Jason Banton fired in an angled drive from the left corner of the box, Paterson pushed the ball away one handed with O'Neil being just inches off target with a reaction header as the saved ball flew toward him at pace.

The next opening saw the visitors strike the woodwork for the third time, on this occasion Dylan Switters collected the ball on the edge of the box and fired past Smith only for the bal to come back from the inside of the post with Smith grabbing it in front of goal.

Minutes later Smith denied Kavan Cotter, pushing his shot away with O'Neil clearing up while at the other end a heavy touch to a fine long ball over the Stones defence took the ball to Paterson before a neat move involving three of United's trialists saw a first time effort just clear the Stones goal.

At this point United threw trialist 'keeper Salva Ribera into the fray in place of Smith and within a few minutes of coming on he was needed as Cotter drove the ball in from 20 yards the stopper getting the slightest of touches to take the shot onto the bar and over the top.

A double save as the game entered "stoppage time" saw Ribera push a Noel-Williams effort around the post before pushing out a header that came from the resultant corner.

With 48 minutes played in the second period United gave themselves a chance when Berchiche received the ball from the left, turned on the edge of the box and fired low past Paterson into the bottom corner to reduce the deficit to a single goal.

A low drive from Jacob Mendy Mendy after good work from Cotter was held by Ribera and then with literally the final kick of the game, Berchiche collected a long through ball and fired the equaliser past Paterson to end the game level at 2-2.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hayes & Yeading United
Jack Smith
Half-Time: 0-2

Full-Time: 2-2

Referee: Mr C Griffin

Attendance: 50ish


Hayes & Yeading United:
Berchiche (90+3 & 90+10)

Green (20)
Lafayette (45+9 pen)

Jonathan North
Dan Spence
Nick Arnold
Toby Little
© Jerome Okimo
Keano Robinson
Jacob Cook
Mitchal Gough
Connor Stevens
Matt Hall
Afolabi Coker
Connor Toomey
Jack Sheppard
Bayley Brown
Connor Smith
Elliot Benyon
Ross Lafayette
Jason Banton
Danny Green
Hani Berchiche
Dennon Lewis
Ashley Smith (for Spence, 46)
Michee Efete (for Stevens, 33)
Tobi Adaje (for Berchiche, 34)
Dylan Paterson (for North, 38)
Tobi Adaje (for Ive, 75)
? Yaw (for Coker, 46)
Jonathan Hippolyte (for Benyon, 46)
Trialist (for Arnold, 46)
Jason Banton (for Brown, 46)
? Saunders (for Cook, 46)
James Clark (for Adaje, 46)
Kavan Cotter (for Sheppard, 46)
Hani Berchiche (for Banton, 90)
Dylan Switters (for Smith, 46)
Kevin Songolo (for Robinson, 46)
Dejon Noel-Williams (for Green, 46)
Salva Ribera (for J Smith, 79)
Jacob Mendy Mendy (for Lafayette, 46)
Keano Robinson (for Hall, 85)
Femi Azeez (for Lewis, 46)
Michael O'Neil (for Gough, 46)
? Young (for Okimo, 46)
Laste Dombaxe (for Banton, 34)    
Troy Timothy (for Toomey, 46)    
Dylan Ive (for Little, 46)    
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy