Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Beaconsfield Town 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd 3

It took three top quality strikes by Hayes & Yeading in the second half to derail a Beaconsfield side who certainly do not look like the side holding up the table, Paul Hughes’ side running out 3-2 winners at the final whistle.

The gaffer made a single enforced change to the side that won at Walton Casuals on Tuesday evening with the fit again Elliott Buchanan replacing Omar Rowe who started his suspension following last Saturday’s dismissal against Truro City.

Firstly credit must go to the hosts ground staff as despite all of the rain of the past few days the pitch appeared from outside to be in excellent playing condition and after a slow start by United although not overly troubled by the Rams in the opening ten minutes just 14 had been played when the home side took the lead. Callum Webb was given too much freedom to collect a corner just outside the area, his drive however was charged down but only as far as Louis Stead who was not closed down quickly enough and he fired past Jack Smith from 20 yards out, the ball nestling in the United net with the aid of Jack’s left hand post.

Within a minute Elliott Buchanan had gone close for United, the striker bringing down a Scott Donnelly free-kick inside the Rams area only for his finish to be too high to trouble Myles Bowman in the hosts goal.

Another chance for United came at the midway point of the first half when the visitors worked the ball nicely across the midfield from the right to Donnelly who sprayed the ball left to Toby Little who cut inside from the left wing and fired a shot across the face of Bowman’s goal but just out of the reach of an in-coming teammate and the ball ended going through and wide of the far post.

United continued to press for a leveller and were indeed the owners of most of the chances although the home side probably had an equal share of the ball without really troubling the United back line. Just before half an hour had been played, a long Keano Robinson throw-in was headed out by the Rams defence but only as far as Jake Sheppard who took a touch and hit a volley that was well blocked by Mayowa Balogun en route to goal and the danger was cleared.

The final notable opening of the half came five minutes later when Jack Williams combined with Little on the left, the latter played the ball inside to Aaron McCreadie but his drive was also too high to trouble the Rams goal and United went in a goal adrift at the break.

Donnelly was replaced at the interval by striker Ogo Obi and it was the substitutes persistence that forced a corner just four minutes from the re-start that was to lead to United getting level. Little’s corner kick was part cleared by the Rams defence but only as far as Buchanan who struck the ball sweetly from just inside the box giving Bowman no chance.

Just five minutes later a better strike put United ahead when a right wing centre was played out again by the home defence, this time the ball dropped to Clark who fired back in a volley that flew past Bowman into the top corner of the Rams goal.

United were now in fighting mood and pushing for another, Clark and Obi combined to create an opening for Sheppard but his shot was inches too high from the edge of the box and just a minute later the same two combined but again Sheppard’s effort failed to trouble Bowman.

On the hour United scored one of the best goals they have scored this season when Sheppard sent the ball wide right to Buchanan, the striker cutting inside before firing a curler from fully 20 yards that flew past Bowman at pace into the top corner of the Rams net to give United a bit of breathing space.

The Rams seemed to finally wake up to the United second half onslaught after this and having seen Jon-Jo Bates fire over from the edge of the box, it was Rams substitute James Ewington who brought them back into the game as he outpaced the United defence on the left side before firing low past the outstretched hand of Smith, into the bottom corner to reduce the arrears to a single goal with just over 25 minutes to play.

United however were to see out the game with very little concern at the back and indeed the main chances fell to the visitors. Sheppard slipped the ball left to Little on 67 minutes but his low driven shot was held by Bowman and then in the final ten minutes Little picked out Buchanan with a free-kick but the strikers’ flicked header went over the top.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Elliott Buchanan.

Beaconsfield Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Myles Bowman
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 2-3

Referee: Mr L Hartley

Attendance: 324


Beaconsfield Town:
Stead (14)
Ewington (64)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Buchanan (49 & 60)
Clark (54)
Jack Smith
Callum Webb
Johnville Renee
Mayowa Balogun
Toby Little
Jerome Eccleston
Keano Robinson
Luke Neville ©
© Liam McDevitt
Jordan Ajanlekoko
Aaron McCreadie
Nathan Webb
Scott Donnelly
Ade Shokunbi
Jake Sheppard
Jon-Jo Bates
Elliott Buchanan
Charlie Losasso
James Clark
Louis Stead
Jack Williams
James Taylor
Joe Weight
Wes Daly
Ogo Obi (for Donnelly, 46)
Kane Guy-Seifert
Connor Toomey (for Little, 88)
Shawnikki Clement-Peter (for Bates, 88)
Jamie Hanlon
James Ewington (for Shokunbi, 58)
Gabriel Piorkowski
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy