Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 4
Enfield Town 5
In a game riddled with defensive errors, a weakened United under 18 side exited the Middlesex Senior Youth Cup by the single goal in nine against Enfield Town on the Beaconsfield Road 3G on Monday evening.

It could not however have been a better start for United as with just two minutes played a well struck ball down the right side picked out Wesley Tobino, he took control and moved inside, rode two tackles and then slipped the ball past the dive of Town stopper Miguel Sanchez.

Five minutes later a weak Sanchez clearance went straight to United skipper Luke Phair 30+ yards from goal, his instant return towards an empty goal curving inches wide of the upright.

On 16 minutes, United were two ahead and again the marksman was Tobino. Rhys Williams won possession midway into the visitors half and sent Tobino away and he did the rest again sliding the ball confidently past Sanchez’s dive.

Tobino and Phair combined again soon after with Sanchez holding the latter’s shot before the visitors started to find their rhythm and excerpt pressure of their own on the United goal as Williams did well to track a deep cross to knock the ball out of play with Editope Kalaru closing in for what would have been a tap-in.

Two minutes later though Enfield were back in the game as a Lawa Sheravani corner kick was met in the centre by Leon Stylianides who headed past Kamil Zelechowski in the United goal.

As the half closed out, the visitors were twice denied an equaliser as firstly Ekow Coker dispossessed a United defender on the edge of his own box and laid the ball inside to striker Danny O’Leary who fired weakly straight at Zelechowski and then as we hit stoppage time, Mekael Williams made his way into the United box but again Zelechowski got down to hold his tame effort and the half closed with United holding a single goal lead.

United made an enforced double change at the break with injury victims Rhys Williams and Joe Weight being replaced by Salar Jalal and Jayde Alcindor respectively.

The half took about ten minutes to get into any sort of rhythm and the first chance again fell to the home side as a neat passing move involving Tobino, Phair and Jalal saw the ball played square to Joe Gasper, the midfielder making room and firing his shot from 20 yards just the wrong side of the Enfield post.

Five minutes later and United’s 2-1 advantage had changed to the game being level at 3-3. First to find the net on 59 minutes was Town’s Ekow Coker, the tall midfielder rising easily above all and sundry to power home a Kolaru centre after the full-back was given far too much space down the right side of the United defence.

Two minutes later however United were ahead again as Tobino completed his hat-trick by forcing the ball home after playing a neat one-two with Phair. Sadly this time the lead lasted less than 60 seconds as Sheravani fired a low free-kick in from the right side, the ball skipped through everybody in the middle and fell to Kolaru at the far post and he slid in to touch it home from close range.

With both sets of players visibly tiring, chances continued to come and go, and go in. United went close on 70 minutes when Tobino held the ball up well before laying it off to Phair, the skipper’s dipping shot being pushed over the top by Sanchez and minutes later at the other end Zelechowski was quickly off his line to face the on-coming El-Tariq Williams, although the Enfield substitute got to the ball first, the United ‘keeper did enough to force him to rush his shot and the effort went wide of the post.

With fifteen minutes remaining the visitors took the lead for the first time as a 20 yard Cihan Ufaksogut free-kick took a nick off the United wall and flew past Zelechowski. This lead however lasted just four minutes as Matt Achuba collected the ball on the edge of the box, slipped a tackle a found Jalal to his right, the United substitute tacking a touch before rifling a shot across Sanchez and into the far corner.

With two tiring teams heading for extra time and a potential penalty shoot out, it was maybe a relief, especially for the visitors, that a winner did come in stoppage time and again the scorer was Ufaksogut for Enfield, the midfielder curling a 20 yard effort around the defenders challenge and in off the far post.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Wesley Tobino.

Hayes & Yeading United
Enfield Town
Kamil Zelechowski

Half-Time: 2-1

Full-Time: 4-5

Referee: Mr C Wordsworth

Attendance: 37


Hayes & Yeading United:
Tobino (2, 16 & 61)
Jalal (79)

Enfield Town:
Stylianides (29)
Coker (59)
Kolaru (62)
Ufaksogut (75 & 90+2)

Miguel Sanchez
Bruno Fernandes
Jaden Madimba
Josh Penemo
Editope Kolaru
Matt Achuba
© Eyitudye Akinbulumo
Kai Melhuish
Olesegun Adedipe
Isaac Ogundere
Leon Stylianides
Joe Weight
Cihan Ufaksogut
Joe Gasper
Ekow Coker
Wesley Tobino
Danny O'Leary
Luke Phair ©
Lawa Sheravani
Rhys Williams
Mekael Williams
Jean Gongang
El-Tariq Williams (for Williams, 71)
Alex Charalambous (for O'Leary, 64)
Khaled Yuqow
Billy Saxton
Jayde Alcendor (for Williams, 46)
Jeremy Ebelebe (for Adedipe, 46)
Salar Jalal (for Weight, 46)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy