Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 3
Bedfont Sports 2
Hayes & Yeading’s under 18 side progressed in the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday night by overcoming visitors Bedfont Sports by the odd goal in five.

United knew this was a tough challenge having lost to Bedfont on the opening day of the season and throw into that the fact that the tie was in the premier club cup competition at this level, it was no surprise that an entertaining evening’s football ensued.

The home side were quickly out of the blocks and in just the third minute Joe Gasper floated across a free-kick from the left side, skipper Michael O’Neil rose highest in the middle only for his header to go over off the Sports crossbar.

Just over ten minutes later the same crossbar came to the visitors assistance once again, this time a Gasper cross from the left floated over ‘keeper Devon Gordon before coming back off the face of the bar to be cleared by the Sports defence, a feat that was mirrored some eight minutes later when another cross from the same player ended exactly the same way, going over Gordon before coming back off the bar to safety.

In between the two Gasper efforts against the crossbar, the visitors created a decent chance of their own as Frankie Church collected the ball on the left corner of the United area, beat his man with a neat drag-back before hitting a dipping shot that only just cleared Joseph Powell’s goal.

Powell was quickly in action though as Didi Ndombe collected the ball in the United box and hit a low shot that the United stopper held firmly in his grasp.

As we approached the break Josh Penemo raced onto a throughball before laying it off to top scorer Stan Cargill, the United striker’s shot being well held by Gordon.

Much like the league fixture between the two sides, United broke the deadlock late in the half, in fact a minute into stoppage time as Wesley Tobino collected the ball and ran at the Sports defence, evading multiple tackles before confidently sliding the ball past Gordon with referee Fyfield bringing the half to a close some 20 seconds later.

In the league fixture, the visitors came out all guns blazing and ended up taking maximum points, the difference this time was although they came out immediately looking to pull themselves level, this time United held firm.

Two early opening did come the way of the visitors though, both falling to striker Ryan Snook. His first effort from an angle only found the side netting while his second chance on the hour mark was weak and straight at Powell in the United goal.

Soon after a Sports corner found the head of Will Plumridge but he headed over and then chance started to be created once more by the home side.

Penemo again teamed up with Cargill, the striker turning his marker on the edge of the box only to be denied by Gordon and then a minute later Tobino received the ball on the right side of the Sports box, his square ball found substitute Luke Phair who took the ball away from his marker with a neat through the legs drag-back that opened up a shooting chance that he took with aplomb, guiding the ball past Gordon into the far corner of the Sports net.

United continued to push for a third, Isaac Ogundere played a superb ball over the Sports defence to Cargill who drew Gordon out before hitting his shot too well and for the fourth time in the game the crossbar came to the visitors aid and the ball was hooked clear.

Cargill was not to be denied his tenth of the campaign however and on 80 minutes, substitute Salar Jalal won the ball on the left side of the Sports box and played it to Cargill, the striker picking his spot from the edge of the box, curling the ball beyond Gordon into the far top corner of the net.

Within six minutes of going three up, United’s lead was reduced to a single strike as the visitors scored twice in as many minutes.

First to find the net was Isaac Thompson, the winger dispossessing a United defender before firing low and hard past Powell and this was quickly followed by a fortunate second as a right wing cross from substitute Reiss Spencer-Parson flew over Powell and where Gasper’s two similar crosses had struck the bar, this one struck the net with Powell well beaten in what was now a blustery wet SKYex.

Despite a couple of minor panics during the 7+ minutes of added time, United held the visitors at bay and now progress to the next qualifying round of this years FA Youth Cup competition.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Isaac Ogundere.

Hayes & Yeading United
Bedfont Sports
Joseph Powell

Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 3-2

Referee: Mr N Fyfield

Attendance: 51


Hayes & Yeading United:
Tobino (45+1)
Phair (66)
Cargill (80)

Bedfont Sports:
Thompson (84)
Spencer-Parson (86)

Devon Gordon
Bruno Fernandes
Frankie Church
Josh Penemo
Troy Reader-King
Isaac Ogundere
Patrick Quinn
Michael O'Neil ©
William Plumridge
Kai Melhuish
© Jordan Clarke
Jayde Alcendor
Isaac Thompson
Joe Gasper
Chris Sawyer
Stan Cargill
Ryan Snook
Joe Weight
Didi Ndombe
Wesley Tobino
Jake Mountain
Joe Duffy
Jay Reader-King (for Snook, 71)
Salar Jalal (for Tobino, 66)
Steve Kamgoue-Hameni
Luke Phair (for Alcendor, 56)
Reiss Spencer-Parson (for Church, 62)
Rhys Williams (for Penemo, 83)
Luca Robinson
Kelvin Ramos-Martins
Harry Lal (for Mountain, 39)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy