Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 4
Enfield Town 1

Hayes & Yeading made it ten consecutive victories in all competitions as Paul Hughes’ side progressed in the Middlesex Senior Cup with a 4-1 comeback victory against Bostik Premier side Enfield Town at the SKYex on Tuesday evening.

With both sides facing more important Buildbase FA Trophy ties just four days later, it was not surprising that both managers used this fixture to test the strength of their squads with both making several changes from their league line-ups the previous weekend.

An early chance apiece came to nothing as first for United, Toby Little burst down the left side leaving Mickey Parcell in his wake, his near post cross being met by a stooping Duncan Culley only for his header to deflect off a defender straight into ‘keeper Joe Wrights arms. Then for the visitors, a poor clearance from the back fell to Ryan Blackman who tried to fire back at goal from 40 yards, Jack Smith comfortably catching the effort.

Then on 21 minutes another poor pass at the back was pounced on by Blackman who this time picked out Brandon Adams who advanced into the United box before firing past Smith’s dive to put Enfield ahead.

The visitors almost had a second minutes later when Bilal Sayoud ran from the halfway line to the United box and despite being forced wide still got his shot on target but Smith was more than equal to it and held the effort low down.

Within four minutes United went from being a goal adrift to being in front. On 27 minutes Great Evans collected the ball on the left side, moved into the area and took the ball around Wright, his goalbound shot from an acute angle was blocked off the line but only as far as Culley who smashed home the equaliser. Just past the half hour mark Evans created another, this time coming in from the right side he played the ball to Scott Donnelly who curled his shot from the edge of the box beyond Wright’s dive into the bottom corner.

One further chance came before the break and again it fell to United as Culley beat Brad Empson on the right side, cut into the box and got away a shot that Wright kept out with his outstretched boot and we went in with a 2-1 advantage at the break.

The first chance after the re-start also fell to the home side as Culley, Donnelly and Little combined in a smart forward move with the latter’s cross being met by Josh Chamberlain in the middle, his header being pushed out by Wright at the foot of the post with Scott Bridges follow-up being deflected wide. The resultant Little corner was met by the on-coming Roddy Collins but his header was off the mark.

Shortly after the woodwork kept United ahead when an offside looking Adams raced towards the United goal, he lofted the ball over Smith only for it to come back off the crossbar with the alert Keano Robinson doing very well to get his head to the loose ball as Adams closed in once more.

This was quickly followed by another golden chance for the visitors as a long punt upfield was inadvertently helped on by a United head sending Liam Hope away on goal, Smith did well to stand tall and block out his effort with Adams smashing the follow-up shot over the top.

Evans and newly introduced substitute Hassan Jalloh both went close for United just past the hour mark and then on 69 minutes United netted a third when Little collected the ball on the left of the Enfield area, the wing-back cutting inside before smashing the ball past Wright into the top of the visitors goal.

The visitors continued to look for a way back into the game, Smith saved an Adams header at the post before the woodwork again rescued United when a right wing cross found the unmarked Hope at the far post, his effort coming back from the crossbar to Adams who again fired over the top.

Jalloh almost got number four only to be denied by Wright with fellow substitute Lee Barney’s rebound being deflected wide however the fourth United goal did come shortly after when Barney and Chamberlain combined on the left before finding Culley in the middle, the United striker taking a controlled touch before before firing home off the upright.

There was still time for Culley to almost get his hat-trick, deep into stoppage time he collected a chipped free-kick and hit a shot on the turn that Wright did well to push away as referee Morrison brought the game to an end with United moving through to the quarter-finals.

Scott Bridges is presented with his signed match ball by Director Derrick Matthews for his hat-trick in United's 7-1 win over Ashford Town (Middlesex) in October.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Montimagemedia.

United Man of the Match: Michael O'Neil.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Enfield Town
Jack Smith
Half-Time: 2-1

Full-Time: 4-1

Referee: Mr N Morrison

Attendance: 117


Hayes & Yeading United:
Culley (27 & 86)
Donnelly (31)
Little (69)

Enfield Town:
Adams (21)

Joe Wright
Tom Jelley
Mickey Parcell
Toby Little
Brad Empson
Roddy Collins
Danny Rumens
Michael O'Neil
Ben Jones
Keano Robinson
Sam Chaney
Scott Donnelly ©
© Ryan Blackman
Scott Bridges
Blue Gallagher
Great Evans
Liam Hope
Josh Chamberlain
Brandon Adams
Duncan Culley
Bilal Sayoud
George Ademiluyi
Taofiq Olomowewe
Hassan Jalloh (for Evans, 65)
Sam Youngs (for Jones, 69)
Lee Barney (for Bridges, 74)
Aaron Greene (for Gallagher, 67)
Joshua Adebo
Dan Heald (for Empson, 69)
Ola Olajubu
Mario Noto
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy