Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

CB Hounslow United 3
Hayes & Yeading Utd
Manager Paul Hughes took the chance to rest many of his senior players which gave him the chance to assess those on the fringes and a couple of trialists as United ran out winners by the odd goal in seven at CB Hounslow on a wet Tuesday December evening.

In the opening ten minutes, despite the ball spending 90% of the time in the hosts half of the field, it was actually CB Hounslow that went closest to scoring when a kicked clearance by Luke Daley ricocheted back off Nick Hardy and went inches wide of the upright.

Shortly after Hassan Jalloh saw a dipping 20 yard free-kick just clear the home crossbar before the hosts took the lead with almost their first real attack on 22 minutes. Triantafilos Skapetis broke away down the right flank before crossing deep to Luke Dunne who smashed the ball past Daley at the far post.

United were straight back on the attack after this setback with George Spiers heading a George Ademiluyi corner straight at CB Hounslow ‘keeper Rhys Forster and this was quickly followed by Jalloh waltzing past two defenders before hitting a low shot that Forster did well to push away one handed.

Play switched straight to the other end and it was Daley’s turn to protect his goal, the United stopper going full stretch to tip over a Skapetis drive.

The leveller for Paul Hughes’ side came somewhat fortuitously on 37 minutes when a 25 yard effort from Lewis Toomey ballooned up off a defenders boot and looped over Forster into the CB Hounslow net.

The final minutes of the half saw chances for both sides, Skapetis dispossessed Reece Price-Placid on the left side and shot low only for his effort to be turned away near the goal line by Michael O’Neil and then as play switched ends, a neat interchange between Jalloh and Toomey saw a right wing cross being met by Great Evans in the middle but Forster was equal to the United strikers header.

The final chance before the break saw Toomey collect the ball on the edge of the centre circle and race forwards before unleashing a low drive that whistled past the upright and referee Conway call time on the first half with honours even.

United made a triple change at the break, manager Paul Hughes utilising his bench to assess the potential of some of Dwane Lee’s under 23 squad. It was one of these substitutes, Ash Nzala who within a minute showed good control before firing goalwards from 18 yards, his effort being held by Forster.

CB Hounslow had the next chance of the second half with the dangerous Skapetis racing away down the right side before cutting into the box but firing too high to trouble Daley.

Just before the hour mark in the game, substitute Nzala made his mark by putting United ahead. Ola Olajubu intercepted the ball in the middle of the park and moved forwards to the edge of the hosts area before picking out Nzala who coolly slotted past Forster from 12 yards.

Four minutes later another of the United substitutes, Elias Moses was just off target from the edge of the box with United soon netting a third on 69 minutes. Nzala drove down the left side, drew defender and ‘keeper toward him before squaring the ball neatly to Evans who tapped home at the far post.

Evans was denied a second by Forster two minutes later, the stopper blocking away a powerful drive from the United striker and unfortunately within five minutes the home side had not only pulled one back but had also scored again to level the match at 3-3.

The first, and CB Hounslow’s second, saw a flowing move involving Charlie Sumpter who sprayed the ball wide right to Kai Hamilton, the CB Hounslow substitute beating his man before firing low across the box to provide Skapetis with a tap in from a few yards out. Four minutes later a needlessly conceded free-kick just outside the box gave the opportunity to former United prospect Luke Bersey to strike and he did just that, firing the ball past the United wall and into the top corner of the net.

United created two good openings in stoppage time as penalties approached, Toomey glanced a header across goal and wide of the target from an Ademiluyi centre, the same two combined deep into additional time when Roddy Collins fed Ademiluyi in plenty of space down the right side, his cross being met on the volley by Toomey at the near post giving Forster no chance as United progressed virtually with the last kick of the game.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Montimagemedia.

United Man of the Match: Ola Olajubu.

CB Hounslow United
Hayes & Yeading United
Rhys Forster
Half-Time: 1-1

Full-Time: 3-4

Referee: Mr S Conway

Attendance: ???


CB Hounslow United:
Dunne (22)
Skapetis (72)
Bersey (76)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Toomey (37 & 90+5)
Nzala (59)
Evans (69)
Luke Daley
Dunnell King
Reece Price-Placid
Craig Lett
George Ademiluyi
Gabriel Chiedozie ©
© Roddy Collins
Luke Bersey
Michael O'Neil
Triantafilos Skapetis
George Spiers
Nick Hardy
Eze Ebuzoeme
Lewis Wood
Ola Olajubu
Luke Dunne
Lewis Toomey
Harry Lal
Hassan Jalloh
Charlie Sumpter
Great Evans
Harvey Lak (for Wood, 60)
Ash Nzala (for Jalloh, 46)
Harvie Gardiner
Kai Hamilton (for Hardy, 60)
Argjend Ahmetaj (for Price-Placid, 46)
Thomas Kaner (for Sumpter, 73)
Ezekiel Williams
Elias Moses (for Ebuzoeme, 46)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy