Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Wealdstone 3
Hayes & Yeading Utd

United made a quick exit from this seasons Middlesex Senior Cup on Tuesday evening at a rain soaked Grosvenor Vale, National League South side Wealdstone running out 3-0 winners on the night with the hosts having former United favourite Luke Williams and former United under 18 defender Taofiq Olomowewe in their starting XI.

United started the game well and created two chances within the first five minutes. Both shooting chances fell to Ismael Ehui, his first effort on the turn was just wide of the right-hand upright and then shortly after another shot from the edge was deflected by a defender sending ‘keeper Jonathan North the wrong way only for the ball to edge past the opposite post.

Within 60 seconds though United were behind as Abobaker Eisa and Ryan Sellars combined on the left side, the latter’s skiddy low cross come shot being fumbled into the net by United back-up ‘keeper Luke Daley.

The Stones buoyed by the early strike started to take control of the ball in the middle of the park, creating openings up front at the same time. Olomowewe headed wide under pressure at the far post before Shaun Okojie fired the ball across the United area to an unmarked Daniel Green who blazed over with the goal at his mercy.

Number two for the hosts was not far away though and again Daley will no doubt be a little upset with himself, Eisa’s 20 yard drive flying under the United ‘keepers outstretched hand, aided by the slippery surface without doubt.

Scott Donnelly for United, and then Eisa for the home side both saw shots from distance go marginally wide of the target before the Stones player found space in the box and drew a good save from Daley with Danny May doing the clearing up of the loose ball.

Seven minutes from the break the home side as good as killed the tie off with a third goal, Okojie heading home a right wing cross unmarked at the far post.

Paul Hughes made a change at the break, replacing Ismael Ehui with vice-captain Spyros Mentis but it was the home side who should have netted a fourth within seconds of the re-start when Okojie crossed low to Matt Whichelow, the experienced midfielder firing over the top from inside the six yard box.

The half itself was almost played out as if it was a pre-season game with little in the way of goalmouth action at either end in reality.

United did go close just after the hour mark though when Keano Robinson broke forwards down the right hand side, he got to the bye-line and pulled the ball back past North but it went wide off the foot of the post.

As the half wore on, Olomowewe had another header that went the wrong side of the post and then two minutes from time a break away by the home side saw Alan O’Brien advance inside the United box, Daley pulling off a good stop diving to his left to push the shot to safety.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Andrew Ofosu.

Hayes & Yeading United
Jonathan North
Half-Time: 3-0

Full-Time: 3-0

Referee: Mr N Morrison

Attendance: 169


Sellers (6)
Eisa (22)
Okojie (38)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Luke Daley
Eddie Oshodi
Keano Robinson
Ryan Sellers
Priestly Farquharson
Taofiq Olomowewe
Scott Donnelly
Matthew Day
© Danny May
Luke Williams
Komal Llewellyn-Reid
Matt Whichelow
Joakim Ehui
Jerome Okimo ©
Ola Olajubu
Shaun Okojie
Andrew Ofosu
Danny Green
Ismael Ehui
Abobaker Eisa
Luke Joyce-Dwarika
Mustafa Tiryaki (for Eisa, 60)
Matthew Hall (for Llewellyn-Reid, 84)
Ciaron Brown
Delroy Preddie
Stephane Ngamvoulou
Toby Little
Daniel Brown (for Okojie, 60)
Spyros Mentis (for I Ehui, 46)
Alan O'Brien (for Whichelow, 65)
Frankie Jones
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy