Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
FC Romania 0 (aet)
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Today's highlights kindly sponsored by JibbaJabbaPods

Hayes & Yeading needed yet another extra 30 minutes at the SKYex on Tuesday evening to finally move into the next round of the Emirates FA Cup after the replay against FC ROmania was goalless at the end of 90 minutes.

There was surprise news in the team that Manager Paul Hughes was to announce, as Harly Wise was deemed fit enough to start, despite a neck injury that had been picked up in the first game, just two days before. There was also a recall to the side for Omar Daidouh, who himself had missed out due to illness, and a debut to right full back Tairo Tavares, who has been working to fitness after picking up an injury.

FC Romania named a very similar side to that which had held United to a 2-2 draw on Sunday, with the red-card victim Ion Costache being named in the side, as suspensions do not take place for seven days.

In a very even first half, there was little to talk about, with both sides flirting with the goal, but no-one making any chances of note. The crowd of 207 was very supportive of the efforts of both sides. Harly Wise was an early entrant in to the referee's notebook, for an obvious pull back, which was to come back to haunt the United central defender as the match moved on.

The FC Romania players did start to tire in the second half, with the big United pitch sapping the strength that two games in three days caused. The game did start to open up slightly, and a couple of free kicks from Manny Duku were both wasted as the match headed to what seemed an inevitable period of extra time.

It was in extra time that the deadlock was finally broken - Good work from substitute Rowan Vine saw the ball worked to Manny Duku around 22 yards out. With one strike from the outside of the striker's left boot, the deadlock had been broken - As we know, Manny only scores 'those' goals (and a few penalties along the way!).

There was still drama to be had - Harly Wise launched in to a tackle on the far side, which could only ever result in a second yellow card, so United were down to 10 men for the final few minutes.

As the clock hit 122 minutes, a corner from FC Romania eluded everyone, including their goalkeeper who had made his way upfield. The ball broke to Andrew Ofosu, who had the simple job of running 60 yards, completely unchallenged, walking the ball in to the net, and at last the tie was safe and sound.

However, the drama did not finish there, as the referee took exception to something that the FC Romanian substitute Constantin Arontaritei said to him, and promptly sent the player off without him coming on to the field of play.

So, as yet, we are still unbeated at fortress SKYex this season, and a visit from our old friends from Havant & Waterlooville awaits us in the next round.

Report by Andy Corbett.

United Man of the Match: Manny Duku.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
FC Romania
Jack Smith
Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 0-0

After Extra Time: 2-0

Referee: Mr J Creswick

Attendance: 207


Hayes & Yeading United:
Duku (100)
Ofosu (120+3)

FC Romania
Razvan Negrila
Tairo Tavares
Dinu Barcari
Tommy Cooney
Ion Costache
Matthew Hall
Cosmin Sandu
Orlando Rodrigues
Gabriel Chinea
Harly Wise YY
Adrian Balsanu
Manny Duku
Sergiu Maximou
Spyros Mentis ©
George Taban ©
Andrew Ofosu
Toby Cleaver
Omar Daidouh
Cosmin Anton
Rohdell Gordon
Florin Pop
Rowan Vine (for Daidouh, 66)
George Stroe
Luke Daley
Constantin Arontaritei
Phil Appiah (for Tavares, 46)
Sergiu Pitaru (for Taban, 91)
Joakim Ehui
Felix Lupu (for Costache, 105)
Ismael Ehui
Vihout Andries
Frankie Jones (for Mentis, 59)
Tom Smith
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy