Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Chalfont St Peter 2
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Today's highlights kindly sponsored by JibbaJabbaPods
Following on from a good run of victories, United were to suffer a third consecutive loss at the SKYex on Saturday as Chalfont St Peter took away maximum points despite playing the whole second half with 10 men after striker Jake Cass was sent off for elbowing Spyros Mentis just before the break.

After a slow start on a freezing cold afternoon, it was United’s Jack Smith who was the first ‘keeper forced into action as a 12th minute free-kick from Jake Cass curled over the United wall and would have found the top corner but for a fine tip over by the United stopper. The resultant corner found its way to Alex Paine but his header was too high to trouble Smith.

For United, a high ball up towards Manny Duku saw the striker try a looping header from distance that dropped wide of the upright without causing undue alarm to Carl Dennison in the visitors goal.

Ten minutes later the visitors broke away again as Paine sent Victor Osobu away down the right, he cut inside of Toby Little and having created an opening for himself, he fired weakly at Smith who gathered the ball comfortably. The same pair combined in reverse less than a minute later however as Osobu’s perfectly chipped pass over the United defence found Paine, who took control and calmly fired past the on-coming Smith.

Within minutes of going behind United came within inches of an equaliser when Little’s clearance was brought down by Duku, a defenders boot taking the ball into the path of Andrew Ofosu who launched a fierce drive from the edge of the box that beat Dennison only to crash back off the Chalfont crossbar.

Three minutes later United were controversially further behind as the referee’s assistant failed to spot the fact that Osobu was clearly offside when he collected a pass from Ryan Haugh, the Chalfont striker playing to the whistle and firing past Smith to double the visitors lead in the 29th minute.

Five minutes from the break United almost pulled one back as Mentis and Duku combined in a central area to send Luke Joyce-Dwarika down the left, he beat Mark Goodman to the bye-line and pulled the ball back towards the near post where Haugh managed to slide in fractionally before the arriving Ismael Ehui to put the ball out for a corner.

A few minutes later United’s chances of a comeback were improved when Chalfont striker Cass appeared to needlessly elbow Mentis in the neck as he played a pass in midfield in full view of referee Moore, the man in black duly producing a straight red card for the centre forward.

Despite being a man light, it was the visitors who had the first chance of the second half when a free-kick from just inside the United half by Alan Hedley found former United man Frankie Jones who was just off target from 18 yards out.

United then started to take control of more and more of the ball but struggled to penetrate a resolute and well drilled Chalfont back line with most of United’s openings coming from the ball playing of Toby Little. Little’s free-kick on 51 minutes saw Komal Llewellyn-Reid get his boot to the ball but with Dennison at close quarters the ball stuck in the ‘keepers midriff.

Minutes later a Little drive down the left and cross was met by Ehui at the stretch with the ball going just over the top and then on the hour Little himself collected a returned short corner and drove into the box on the right side, his low drive for the corner being well kept out by the diving Dennison.

On the hour United made a second change of the game which saw a welcome return to action after more than two months out for Gurkan Gokmen and it was he who had the next chance after a fine run down the right side from Duku, the United striker picking out Gokmen in the middle but he couldn’t keep his volley down and the ball flew over the Chalfont goal.

With ten minutes to play United finally got on the scoresheet. Darnell Shakes played the ball long from defence, Duku challenged in the middle with the ball dropping to Ehui who made space for himself just inside the box before firing back against the grain and through a defenders legs to reduce the arrears.

This was however to be United’s last real chance of the game as the visitors saw out the remaining time to take all three points back to Buckinghamshire with them.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Luke Joyce-Dwarika.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Chalfont St Peter
Jack Smith
Half-Time: 0-2

Full-Time: 1-2

Referee: Mr H Moore

Attendance: 108


Hayes & Yeading United:
I Ehui (80)

Chalfont St Peter:
Paine (23)
Osobu (29)

Carl Dennison
Priestly Farquharson
Mark Goodman
Toby Little
Ryan Haugh
Spyros Mentis ©
George Fenton
Ryan Kinnane
© Alan Hedley
Komal Llewellyn-Reid
Jack Mullan
Andrew Ofosu
Max Holland
Scott Donnelly
Frankie Jones
Manny Duku
Jake Cass
Ismael Ehui
Alex Paine
Luke Joyce-Dwarika
Victor Osobu
Darnell Shakes (for Kinnane, 23)
Connor Shingleston
Delroy Preddie
Albie Sheehan-Cozens
Ola Olajubu
Rob Hastings (for Osobu, 79)
Gurkan Gokmen (for Ofosu, 60)
Alex Lafleur (for Holland, 71)
Danny Hutchins
Aaron Jewell
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy