Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Slough Town 3
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Today's highlights kindly sponsored by JibbaJabbaPods
United’s Bank Holiday Tuesday fixture against high flying Slough Town saw the struggling home side put in the best 45 minutes of the season to go in two up at the break, sadly it all came undone in the second half as the visitors struck three time to take maximum points home to Berkshire.

United set out to attack the visitors early but suffered a blow in the ninth minute when Josh Hutchinson landed awkwardly on his ankle and had to be replaced by Dylan Kearney.

A chance was soon forthcoming though as a low 25 yard drive from Ryan Hope in the tenth minute tested Mark Scott in the Rebels goal, the stopper fumbling the initial shot before jumping on the loose ball.

Six minutes later United went ahead with a move that started in their own box. Mahlondo Martin won possession on the corner of the United area and moved forwards with the ball before picking out Hope, the midfielder ran at the Slough rear guard before sending Mitchell Weiss away in the left channel, the striker doing the rest by firing across Scott into the far corner of the Rebels goal.

Two minutes later it could have got even better for the home side, Terence Carter won possession and fed the ball to Kearney who smashed a fierce drive from 25 yards that was tipped over the bar by a flying Scott.

A deserved second did arrive though, just before the half hour mark. A corner was only partially cleared and when Martin chipped the ball back over the centre of the Slough defence, Carter nipped in to toe the ball past the on-coming Scott in to the vacant net.

The Rebels finally started to work the ball forwards towards the end of the half. Lee Togwell’s chip forwards was flicked on to Charlie Moone who saw his first time shot deflected wide by a Darren Locke interception. The resultant corner kick was only cleared as far as Simon Dunn, his swerving shot being well kept out by Danny Boness who managed to grasp the ball at the second attempt.

United themselves could have had a third on the stroke of half time as Callum Adebiyi got his head to a near post Martin corner but his header was well off target.

After the somewhat sublime first half from United, it was to be the stuff nightmares are made of at the re-start as the Rebels took just six minutes to draw level. The first for the visitors came just 48 seconds after re-start, Lewis Putman’s free-kick being powerfully volleyed past Boness by centre-back Mark Nisbet.

Three minutes later Boness was alert to keep United ahead, Putman again fired the ball in, this time low to Chris Flood who sliced his shot in front of goal but still required a tip over the top by Boness.

The 51st minute saw the game tied up at two apiece when Rebels skipper Sean Fraser was allowed too much space on the corner of the box to receive the ball from the bye-line before smashing a fierce shot into the roof of the United goal.

Three minutes later United thought they had regained the lead, Martin did well down the left side, his cut back being fired in from close range by Kearney only to be denied by a raised assistant’s flag who stated he was “half-a-yard” offside.

As we reached the hour mark Putman went close for the Rebels from fully 35 yards before Boness was well positioned to field a long range Togwell effort. Within minutes United had a let off when a low drive across goal from the right of the box came back off the far post and Jack Smith was able to scramble the ball over his own crossbar from right in front of goal.

Sadly the let off was short lived as a forwards ball over the United defence found substitute Gavin James, the striker turner back past two defenders before smashing the ball low past Boness for what turned out to be the decisive strike as it was the last real action of the half with the game fizzling out from United’s perspective with basically nothing further for either ‘keeper to do.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Connor Toomey.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Slough Town
Danny Boness
Half-Time: 2-0

Full-Time: 2-3

Referee: Mr M Carmichael

Attendance: 474


Hayes & Yeading United:
Weiss (16)
Carter (29)

Slough Town:
Nisbet (46)
Fraser (51)
James (72)

Mark Scott
Jack Smith
© Sean Fraser
Callum Adebiyi
Paul Stonehouse
Connor Toomey
Guy Hollis
Tom Broadbent ©
Mark Nisbet
Darren Locke
Lee Togwell
Mahlondo Martin
James Dobson
Ryan Hope
Simon Dunn
Mitchell Weiss
Chris Flood
Josh Hutchinson
Charlie Moone
Terence Carter
Lewis Putman
Dylan Kearney (for Hutchinson, 9)
Josh Jackman
Chris Benton
Daniel Hicks
Adam Everitt (for Martin, 75)
Warren Harris (for Dobson, 46)
James Taylor
Gavin James (for Moone, 46)
Cole Brown (for Carter, 67)
Charlie Mpi
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy