Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Flackwell Heath 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Game 2 on a hot sticky Saturday afternoon saw United fall to defeat for the first time this pre-season as a mixed squad went down by the odd goal in here at Flackwell Heath.

Two good chances came in the early minutes for United, Melford Simpson’s header from Tom Collins’ corner being well kept out by the Flackwell ‘keeper before the big United striker helped the ball on with his head to Lloyd Macklin who fired first time from an angle but could only find the side netting.

Twenty minutes in, former United striker Danny Burnell broke free in to the United area but fired straight at trialist ‘keeper Samir who blocked the effort before his defence scrambled the ball away.

With chances few and far between, it was the home side who took the lead in the 45th minute, Burnell crossing from the right and with little movement from the United ‘keeper, Flackwell skipper Ben Sturgess stole in at the far post to net from close range.

It could have got worse for United before the break as in the 5th minute of stoppage time, due to a drinks break, Samir did well to palm out and grasp a shot after the home player was put through neatly on goal.

Within seconds of the re-start, Samir was in action again getting down quickly to block a marauding Flackwell substitute with Lewis Hayden clearing the loose ball. United’s own substitute Jerson Dos Santos went close soon after, his header from a Collins corner causing chaos in the six yard box before the ball was poked wide of the target by a United boot.

United went as close as they had in the 68th minute when Max Herbert’s 20 yard drive smashed back off the crossbar to Matt Sinclair who saw his shot pushed away by the home custodian. Sinclair then almost turned provider when having run from the middle of the park he found Simpson but the ‘keeper was again equal to the effort.

Ten minutes remained and Herbert again went close, this time seeing his shot that was heading for the top corner tipped over at full stretch.

90 minutes had been reached when the result appeared to be put beyond doubt courtesy of a superb 20 yard dipping volley from Flackwell substitute Liam Tack which flew over Sam Scyzcki giving the young ‘keeper no chance.

The scoring was not over yet though as in the fifth minute of stoppage time, again for a drinks break, Dos Santos was played in by the impressive Lucas Sinclair and the former Sutton man rifled the ball home from 12 yards, sadly this was the last kick of the game as referee Downey brought proceedings to an end.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

Flackwell Heath
Hayes & Yeading United
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 2-1

Referee: Mr M Downey

Attendance: n/k


Flackwell Heath:
Sturgess (45)
Tack (90)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Dos Santos (90+5)
Samir ???
Lewis Hayden
Andrew Dean
Jordaan Brown
Max Herbert
Justin Roberts
Joe Gritt
© Adam Everitt
Matt Sinclair
Ben Sturgess ©
Tom Collins
Lloyd Macklin
Danny Burnell
Melford Simpson
Andrew Masunga
Jerson Dos Santos (for Macklin, 47)
Ethan Grant (for Sinclair, 81)
Jack Mills (for Collins, 73)
Dan Edwards (for Hayden, 80)
Liam Tack
Lucas Sinclair (for Masunga, 69)
Sam Scyzcki (for Samir, 83)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy