Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 3
Didcot Town 0

On a humid Saturday morning, Mickey Lewis’s charges took on Didcot Town on the Beaconsfield Road 3G in what was to be the first of a double-header of pre-season friendlies with the remainder of the squad and further trialists due to visit Flackwell Heath in the afternoon.

United got off to a great start as the hot boots of Dylan Kearney fired the home side ahead after 10 minutes, the striker collecting an excellent George Butler pass before firing across the Diddy ‘keeper into the far corner.

Butler soon set up a chance for Ismael Ehui but the visiting ‘keeper was equal to his effort and then just after the half hour mark a challenge in the box by Kamal Guthmy saw referee Chris Fernandes point to the spot. Ryan Brooks stepped up for Didcot only to be foiled by United under-17s ‘keeper Mo Otuyo who pushed his kick past the post.

The only other real chance of the first half saw Kearney force a save from the ‘keeper with Ismael Ehui going inches wide with the rebound.

Brooks broke through for Didcot early in the second half but with only Otuyo to beat fired wide and within minutes the ball was again on the spot, this time for United. Yannis Ambroisine won the ball in his central defensive position and fired the ball downfield in to the run of Ismael Ehui who cut it back to younger brother Joakim who was tripped just inside the area. Ismael stepped up to take the kick, as with the visitors earlier the ‘keeper guessed correctly and saved, this time though the ball went back to the taker who rolled in United’s second.

Didcot should have got one back almost immediately, having won possession just outside the United box the visiting striker struck the ball goalwards but Otuyo held well before denying the same player minutes later, pushing his driven shot around the post.

Lucas Sinclair and Anthony O’Conner for United both tested the Didcot ‘keeper before goal three came with as many minutes remaining, Manny Williams firing home from the spot after O’Conner had been brought down.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hayes & Yeading United
Didcot Town
Mo Otuyo
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 3-0

Referee: Mr C Fernandes

Attendance: 15


Hayes & Yeading United:
Kearney (10)
I Ehui (53)
Williams (87 pen)

Didcot Town:

Kieron Scantlebury
Kamal Guthmy
George Butler
Colin Mugoya
Yannis Ambroisine
Joakim Ehui
Manny Williams
Dylan Kearney
Ismael Ehui ©
Ryan Brooks
Cole Brown
Anthony O'Conner (for Brown, 57)
Lucas Sinclair (for J Ehui, 75)
James Taylor (for Kearney, 76)
Javier Mato (for I Ehui, 76)
Aaron Spink (for Guthmy, 75)
Joe Warren (for Otuyo, 80)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy