Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Cirencester Town 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Hayes & Yeading’s 19 year-old Academy graduate Dylan Kearney netted a brace at the Corinium Stadium as United earned a massive three points on the road at Cirencester Town.

United started well playing against the wind but down the hill and carved an excellent opening in just the sixth minute when a neat exchange of passes in the middle between Soloman Sambou and Dylan Kearney saw the former play the ball left to Graeme Montgomery, his centre picking out Cole Brown who headed agonisingly wide of the target.

With the home side having a fair share of possession without troubling Danny Boness too much, it was United who struck first in the sixteenth minute. Callum Adebiyi’s throw-in was helped on by Tom Broadbent and collected by Kearney with his back to goal, the striker bringing the ball under control before turning and firing into the top corner of Glyn Garner’s goal.

The home side came out fighting after going behind, the impressive Dan Demkiv raced away up the right flank and in turn fed the ball inside to Alan Griffin, the big striker firing wide of the target from 10 yards much to United’s relief. The Centurians were soon back on the attack as Matt Liddiard headed a weak United clearance back to the edge of the box to Kerry Morgan, his volley being well held by Boness.

Just after the half hour mark United very nearly had a second, Montgomery hooked a clearance over his head back into the home sides area, Kearney collected the ball wide of the target and hit a powerful drive from the acutest of angles that Garner did well to get his boot to right at the foot of the post.

As the half drew to its close the rain started to come down heavily and this maybe contributed to very little in the way of chances before they all rushed off to the warmth of the changing rooms.

After the passing of the rain, the second half saw not only the rain cease but the wind dropped also. United were once again quickly out of the blocks and just three minutes in Anthony Edgar forced a fine save from Garner from a free-kick from just outside the right hand corner of the Centurians box.

Still United pushed up field for a second, Edgar fed Kearney who saw his first time effort pushed wide by Garner and then just two minutes later United’s deserved second came. Brown won the ball on the halfway line and raced forwards down the left, his pinpoint cross picking out Kearney who confidently headed past Garner for his second of the game.

Brown was proving to be a thorn in the Centurians armour at this stage as having created the goal he again won possession, this time feeding Edgar who fired wide from the edge of the box and within a minute he had again won the ball, this time finding Montgomery whose curling effort was pushed over by Garner.

With a little over ten minutes to play a fine double save by Boness kept the two goal lead intact. Alan Griffin received the ball on the edge of the United box and with time to turn smashed a shot towards the United goal, Boness did well to parry the shot upwards and then had quick reactions to tip it over the bar as the ball looked to be dropping in.

Minutes later Boness again did well to put off veteran striker and Centurians player/manager Charlie Griffin as the he rose to meet a Liddiard cross at the far post only to head wide under pressure from the United stopper.

Boness then did well to get fully behind a fierce Lewis Thompson drive and was quick enough to pounce on the loose ball as Charlie Griffin closed in. The Centurians gaffer was not to be denied though, as we entered the 90th minute of the game, a cross from the right that the United defenders believed had gone out of play before curling back in, was headed home from close range.

As the home side through everything towards the United goal in stoppage time, the closest to finding the net was United’s Kearney who ran onto a long through ball and hit a shot from the edge of the box that Garner tipped around the post to deny the young United striker a hat-trick. Soon after referee Rushton brought the game to an end and United travelled home happy with all three points in the bag but still in the knowledge that there is still a lot of work to do to avoid a second consecutive relegation.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Dylan Kearney.

Cirencester Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Glyn Garner
Half-Time: 0-1

Full-Time: 1-2

Referee: Mr M Rushton

Attendance: 136


Cirencester Town:
C Griffin (90)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Kearney (16 & 56)
Danny Boness
Kieran Diaz-Benitez
Frankie Jones
Ellis Dunton
Callum Adebiyi
James Mortimer-Jones
Solomon Sambou
Gethin Jones
© Tom Broadbent
Matt Coupe
Jack Smith
Matt Liddiard ©
Anthony Edgar
Adam Connolly
Connor Toomey
Alan Griffin
Dylan Kearney
Dan Demkiv
Cole Brown
Kerry Morgan
Graeme Montgomery
Henry Spalding (for Morgan, 49)
Karl Stevenson (for Brown, 78)
Scott Rose
Chris Benton
Lewis Thompson (for Jones, 39)
Mahlondo Martin
Ryan Elliott
Ryan Hope
Charlie Griffin (for Diaz-Benitez, 65)
Darren Locke (for Toomey, 88)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy