Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Chesham United 6
Hayes & Yeading Utd

Just when things looked to have turned the corner with Saturday’s excellent win at St Neots, along come Chesham United to put a real dampener on things at Meadow Park.

The United Management team were forced into two changes with Tom Broadbent and Brian Evans unavailable, Adam Everitt returned to the starting line-up from injury with new arrival Omar Vassell filling the right-back slot.

United started the game well enough without troubling the Generals goal but were soon hit with a body blow when in just the sixth minute Sam Youngs crossed from the right, Manny Adebowale failed to deal with the cross in the middle and former United striker Ryan Blake latched on to the ball and fired past Danny Boness.

This early goal was sadly a sign of things to come as Chesham were to go on to pretty much dominate every area of the pitch from then on although Adam Everitt did go close minutes after the goal, his right foot drive going just wide of the target.

In the eighteenth minute a cross from the right was met at the far post by a diving Dave Pearce, his header being well kept out by Boness with Brad Watkins placing a free header wide of the target when the ball came back in from the left.

At the midway point in the half, a rare United effort saw Mitchell Weiss shoot wide from distance before a simple ball straight through the heart of the United defence saw Youngs race away, Boness kept out his first effort but the ball ran back to the Chesham man who tucked it in to the empty net.

Two became three just before the break when Boness failed to hold a low skidding shot from Wadkins and Young was on hand to tap the ball home.

Things didn’t improve in the second half for Paul and Ritchie’s side as it took the home side just seven minutes to hit number four, a miskicked shot found its way to Drew Roberts on the right, his centre finding Pearce unmarked at the near post to head home.

Roberts himself then went close as he was allowed to run through the middle only for his effort to be blocked wide by Boness and then on 69 minutes the same player was inches wide after good approach play from Blake.

Number five finally came on 75 minutes, Roberts long range effort being headed beyond Boness by Adebowale as he attempted to divert the ball wide. Number six followed seven minutes from time as Chesham were given far too much space once more in the United box, Boness couldn’t hold the initial effort and Wadkins tapped home from close range.

The final minute saw another opening for the home side when a comical scene at the back allowed Wadkins through on goal once more, Boness narrowed the strikers angle and he subsequently fired wide.

Referee Lewis thankfully brought the game to its end with just five seconds stoppage time in a game where I honestly cannot remember United having a shot on target.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Cole Brown.

Chesham United
Hayes & Yeading United
Ashlee Jones
Half-Time: 3-0

Full-Time: 6-0

Referee: Mr S Lewis

Attendance: 250


Chesham United:
Blake (6)
Youngs (31)
Pearce (42 & 52)
Adebowale (75 own goal)
Wadkins (83)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Danny Boness
Benji Crilley
Omar Vassell
Toby Little
Mahlondo Martin
Mat Mitchell-King
Connor Toomey
Darren Purse ©
Manny Adebowale
Adam Martin
© Adam Everitt
Dave Pearce
Cole Brown
Sam Youngs
Ryan Hope
Brad Wadkins
Mitchell Weiss
Drew Roberts
Josh Hutchinson
Ryan Blake
Terence Carter
Barry Hayles
Dylan Kearney (for Martin, 74)
Matt Taylor (for Martin, 66)
Chris Benton
Kemani Murray
Colin Mugoya (for Toomey, 56)
Brett Longden (for Crilley, 74)
James Taylor
Taylor McKenzie (for Purse, 56)
Josh Chamberlain
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy