Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 0
Biggleswade Town 0
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Today's highlights kindly sponsored by JibbaJabbaPods
Hayes & Yeading’s lack of goals again cost United 2 points on Tuesday evening at Holloways Park as a goalless stalemate against Biggleswade Town earned a single point.

The gaffers made four changes from Saturday’s side with Tom Broadbent, Jack Smith, Ryan Hope and Dylan Kearney all returning to the starting line-up.

In what was to be a really sedate first half with very few chances, it was United who forged the first opening when a long cross-field pass by Broadbent found Kearney, his first time shot being tipped around the post by the Waders ‘keeper Ian Brown.

Around the midpoint in the half the visitors first strike of any note came from Craig Daniel who tried his luck from distance and only just cleared the United crossbar.

It was the 44 minute mark before another note hit the book, Broadbent breaking away up the left wing from his centre-back position, his centre was met by top scorer Mitchell Weiss who glanced his header wide of the far post.

The second half was to liven up a little, an early chance for United saw Weiss again head wide, this time from a Kearney cross and then a quick switch to the other end saw Rhys Hoenes race down the left, he squared the ball to Michael Richens who saw his effort cleared off the line by United’s half-time substitute Callum Adebiyi, the follow-up by Connor Hall going wide.

Three minutes later it was the Waders’ turn to clear off the goal line, this time denying Adebiyi whose header looked to be heading for the top corner.

As the half progressed the game just seemed to have 0-0 written all over it, a kicked clearance by Danny Boness from outside his area went straight to former United striker Nicholas Bignall who fired wide from distance and within a minute a shot by Daniel came back off the United post but the flag was raised for offside.

Weiss again went close having collected a ball that Connor Toomey hooked down the line only to fire across goal and wide and with 15 minutes remaining it needed a superb sliding block by Wes Parker to deny Bignall who had received the ball inside the United box from a long Gavin Hoyte free-kick.

United had the only other chance of note when with just 3 minutes remaining, Soloman Sambou’s free-kick bounced in the box beating all and sundry except Brown who was alert enough to field the ball comfortably.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Jack Smith.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Biggleswade Town
Danny Boness
Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 0-0

Referee: Mr J Mannix

Attendance: 159


Hayes & Yeading United:

Biggleswade Town:

Ian Brown
Melanious Mullarkey
Nathan Kerr
Josh Chamberlain
Lucas Perry
Jack Smith
Robbie Parker
Tom Broadbent ©
Russell Short
Wes Parker
Gavin Hoyte
Ryan Hope
© Craig Daniel
Soloman Sambou
Connor Hall
Mitchell Weiss
Nicholas Bignall
Dylan Kearney
Michael Richens
Connor Toomey
Rhys Hoenes
Callum Adebiyi (for Chamberlain, 46)
Evan Key (for Bignall, 79)
Anthony Edgar (for Toomey, 87)
Connor Vincent
Cole Brown (for Mullarkey, 66)
Conrad Lucan (for Hoenes, 90+2)
Frankie Jones
Jeff Woodward
Mahlondo Martin
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy