Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Banbury United 5
Hayes & Yeading Utd 0
The United Management team made two changes, both in defence, after Tuesday’s drubbing at Meadow Park but sadly this was not to bring an upturn in fortunes as United were to suffer a second consecutive heavy defeat.

In fact United could not have got off to a worse start as in just the first minute, a long free-kick from his own half by Jack Westbrook sailed over the defensive line, took a bounce and went straight over Danny Boness in to the United net.

Things got even worse just three minutes later when more than one attempt to clear from inside the United box failed to execute, the ball being rolled to Callum White on the right corner of the area, his low driven shot flying past Boness’s dive into the far corner of the net.

United’s first real attack on six minutes saw Mitchell Weiss chest down an Adam Everitt centre to Mahlondo Martin, his cross being met by a stooping Cole Brown who saw his header go wide via a defender, the United man receiving an accidental kick in the face for his troubles. United’s next opening saw a centre from the left from Ryan Hope being met by Weiss who had got in front of his marker but couldn’t get his effort on target.

A change of formation as early as the sixteenth minute saw debutant defender Duncan Chinedu replaced by striker Dylan Kearney.

The home side had the ball in the United net again in the 23rd minute when Ricky Johnson swept home a Conor McDonagh shot only to be denied by the assistant’s raised flag for offside. The relief for United was short lived however as within a two minutes Johnson had added his name to the scoresheet. Cole Brown’s poor clearance attempt going straight to Marvin Martin who fed Johnson, the striker making his way unchallenged across the edge of the United box before firing high past Boness from 18 yards.

A shot from distance from Ryan Hope forced Banbury ‘keeper Jack Harding to go down to grab the ball on the wet slippery surface as Kearney closed in looking for any error and minutes later Kearney dispossessed Banbury skipper Andy Gunn who then brought him down on the side of the box. Martin took the free-kick which was met by Terence Carter, his header deflecting over off the challenging defender.

The 38th minute saw a sweeping break down the right by the home side, Johnson getting across his marker at the near post only to steer his effort wide of the post and this was soon followed by a break straight through the centre by McDonagh, rolling the ball past Boness only for Brown to chase down and clear the effort away a yard from the line.

And that was it for the first 45.

A deep cross early in the second period was met on the volley by McDonagh only to be blocked out by Boness with Everitt completing the clearance. A while later another Everitt clearance fell nicely to Jack Self, Boness holding his 20 yard volley well in the wet conditions as Johnson closed in rapidly.

Good work on the right by Hope saw him find Connor Toomey in a central position, his 18 yard shot was fumbled by Harding who was quick enough to get his hand on the ball to push it wide as Kearney slid in chasing the loose ball.

The home side grabbed number 4 just inside the final 20 minutes, McDonagh collected the ball on the right, cut inside past Everitt and advanced on goal before smashing the ball past Boness at his near post from an angle.

The final 15 minutes saw a few chances on the wet surface, Carter fired low from 20 yards forcing Harding to gather off the ground and soon after Hope fed Kearney, the United striker moving past Gunn and hitting a shot towards the top corner that Harding did well to push away. The resultant corner saw Darren Locke rise above Harding but his effort was well wide of the target.

United were nearly caught out on the break as substitutes Darius Browne and former United man Sam Humphreys combined, the former forcing a low save from Boness after the ball had stuck in a puddle just inside the box initially. Browne was not to be denied though as with just two minutes remaining a long goal-kick by Harding was helped on aerially by Johnson to George Jeacock, he rolled the ball to Brown on the edge of the box and he turned past his marker before curling his shot beyond Boness into the bottom corner.

And there endeth another bad day at the office.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Ryan Hope.

Banbury United
Hayes & Yeading United
Jack Harding
Half-Time: 3-0

Full-Time: 5-0

Referee: Mr M Law

Attendance: 238


Banbury United:
Westbrook (1)
White (4)
Johnson (25)
McDonagh (70)
Browne (88)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Danny Boness
Jack Westbrook
Duncan Chinedu
Andy Gunn ©
© Adam Everitt
George Nash
Connor Toomey
Luke Carnell
Manny Adebowale
Jack Self
Darren Locke
Callum White
Cole Brown
Conor McDonagh
Ryan Hope
Ricky Johnson
Mitchell Weiss
Zac McEachran
Mahlondo Martin
Marvin Martin
Terence Carter
Mark Bell
Dylan Kearney (for Chinedu, 16)
Darius Browne (for Self, 75)
Chris Benton
George Jeacock (for McDonagh, 71)
Omar Vassell
Sam Humphreys (for McEachran, 60)
Josh Hutchinson
Eddie Odhiambo
James Taylor
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy