Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Harrow Borough 1

A few more new faces appeared on Tuesday evening as Manager Tristan Lewis continues to assemble his squad ahead of the new National League South campaign.

The game again on United’s 3G surface took a little while to find its feet with the first real opening falling to Max Worsfold almost midway through the first half, Greg Morgan’s right wing centre being met sweetly by the United midfielder who was denied by a good tip over from the trialist Borough ‘keeper.

Luke Williams was next to be denied by the Borough custodian after he had collected a cross-field pass from Christian Smith and then a minute later the deadlock was broken by Elliot Benyon who tucked the ball neatly home after good interplay from Williams and Harry Grant in the build up.

Sadly for United the lead lasted less than two minutes as a stray backwards pass from midfield allowed Marc Charles-Smith to advance on goal, he took the around the on-rushing Dan Lincoln and held off the retreating Lewis Ferrell to walk the ball home.

The visitors twice came close to taking the lead before the break, Lincoln did well to push away a curling free-kick from out wide and with a couple of minutes to go Tom O’Regan rose above Lincoln to win a header with the ball dropping just outside the post.

O’Regan went even closer just after the break when his 20 yard strike dipped over Lincoln before coming back off the underside of the crossbar before being headed home from an offside position and the flag was duly raised.

The diminutive O’Regan was causing United all sorts of problems early in the second half, Lincoln tipped his free-kick around the post and the winger then played Will Turl through and although he beat Lincoln, his shot went wide off the outside of the United post.

United trialist Tyrell Miller-Rodney almost started and ended a smart move down the left, the midfielder rising at the far post to meet Nicky Nicolau’s centre but his header was just too high.

Rhys Murrell-Williamson then played through Benyon but he was denied a second by Borough’s second trialist ‘keeper who did well to smother the United strikers’ effort.

The final ten minutes saw a fine Lincoln save, tipping over a Harrow trialist’s effort at full stretch, keep the scores level and hopefully both Manager’s, our own Tristan Lewis and former Hayes FC favourite Steve Baker learned more about their players from the game.

We wish Steve and his Borough side all the best for the coming season.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hayes & Yeading United
Harrow Borough
Dan Lincoln
Half-Time: 1-1

Full-Time: 1-1

Referee: Mr C Fernandes

Attendance: 45


Hayes & Yeading United:
Benyon (22)

Harrow Borough:
Charles-Smith (24)

Greg Morgan
Michael Barima
Nicky Nicolau
George McClusky
Tyrell Miller-Rodney
Anthony Page
Lewis Ferrell
Michael Peacock
Christian Smith
Joshua Webb
Michael Thalassitis
Tom O'Regan
Harry Grant
Mark McLeod
Elliot Benyon
Lewis Driver
Luke Williams ©
Marc Charles-Smith
Max Worsfold
Michael Bryan
Andrei Daruiala (for Morgan, 70)
Ben Long (for Webb, 46)
Jhai Dhillon (for Nicolau, 70)
David Taylor (for McLeod, 46)
Rhys Murrell-Williamson (for Thalassitis, 57)
Trialist2 (for Charles-Smith, 46)
Adam Everitt (for Grant, 54)
Trialist3 (for Bryan, 46)
John Sonuga
Will Turl (for Driver, 46)
Trialist4 (for Trialist1, 46)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy