Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Flackwell Heath 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd
Hayes & Yeading scored a victory by the odd goal in five against reigning Hellenic League Champions Flackwell Heath as Tristan Lewis's pre-season moves into its final stages with the opening day just 2 weeks away.

With more trialists in the United side, it was a disjointed start by the visitors with the home side taking a deserved lead on thirteen minutes when a diagonal pass was superbly controlled by the marauding right winger who took the ball into the box and drew United 'keeper Erbil Bozkurt before rolling it square for a tap-in.

A double injury blow for United saw both Max Worsfold and Elliot Benyon leave the field to be replaced by Rhys Murrell-Williamson and Dylan Kearney respectively.

As the half moved on United started to impose more control on the game, finally drawing level on 32 minutes when Murrell-Williamson found Harry Grant in the box, the midfielder controlling the ball and smashing it home on the turn.

Michael Thalassitis was then only just too high with a far post header from Nicky Nicolau's corner before he found the net on 39 minutes. Christian Smith hit one of his left foot power drives from 35 yards that the home 'keeper could not hold, Kearney was first to the ball but his shot was smothered and Thalassitis gained possession of the loose ball and fired home.

Right on the half-time whistle a weak pass from the United defence was picked off and played through to the right corner of the box here a first time shot forced Bozkurt into a low save which he held well.

Within seconds of the re-start, Thalassitis forced a save from the home 'keeper having controlled a long Smith pass and within a minute United had scored a third when Ed Sanders rose above his marker to head home an inswinging Nicolau corner.

Close to the hour mark the home side went close with a 25 yard free-kick that only just went over the top and for United Thalassitis, playing his first full 90 minutes of pre-season, was denied from the penalty spot by the home custodian who saved well diving down low.

A flurry of substitutions took any edge away from the game although the hosts almost pulled one back in the 89th minute when a free-kick from 20 yards went inches wide, the same player then did find the net right on the final whistle to reduce the arrears to just a single goal.

We wish Flackwell Heath all the best for the coming season.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Flackwell Heath
Hayes & Yeading United
Half-Time: 1-2

Full-Time: 2-3

Referee: n/k

Attendance: 50


Flackwell Heath:
#9 (13)
#15 (90)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Grant (32)
Thalassitis (39)
Sanders (47)
Erbil Bozkurt
Lewis Ferrell
Nicky Nicolau
© Adam Everitt
Joe Gritt
Ed Sanders
Christian Smith
Michael Thalassitis
X ©
Tyrell Miller-Rodney
Elliot Benyon
Harry Grant
Max Worsfold
X (for Gritt, 36)
Rhys Murrell-Williamson (for Worsfold, 13)
X (for 2, 75)
Greg Morgan (for Miller-Rodney, 57)
X (for 9, 60)
Jhai Dhillon (for Nicolau, 57)
X (for 10, 66)
Dylan Kearney (for Benyon, 16)
X (for 3, 60)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy