Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Beaconsfield SYCOB 3

A somewhat below par display, saw United come second to a well organised Beaconsfield SYCOB unit, on a comparatively mild evening at Bisham Abbey in the Buckinghamshire countryside.

The game began with both teams cancelling each other out, and as a result, the first real noteworthy chance took 14 minutes to arrive. A cross from the SYCOB left, found their centre forward in acres of space, but his shot was saved at point blank range by Magnus Norman in the United goal.

Just a minute later the Rams had the ball in the net, courtesy of a Charlie Losasso shot from 15 yards to give them the lead.

On 24 minutes, after good work by Rhys Murrell-Williamson in the centre of the park, the ball found it's way to Luke Williams on the left flank, unfortunately his cross went harmlessly wide of the keepers left hand post. Then, three minutes later, a long ball found the SYCOB striker in the clear but his weak effort was easily saved by Norman.

On 29 minutes, the ball was collected by Rhys Murrell Williamson who unleashed a shot from some 25 yards but the ball flew harmlessly over the crossbar.

Two minutes later SYCOB were awarded a free kick in a central position, 35 yards from goal but this was also collected easily by the impressive Norman in the United goal.

Five minutes before the break, a long diagonal ball again found the SYCOB central striker in acres of space, however he managed to screw his shot agonisingly wide of the far upright.

As the break approached, good work by Max Worsfold on the left resulted in a cross which was met by the head of Dylan Kearney, his looping header nestling in the bottom corner of the net, much to the young strikers obvious delight.

As the second period began, SYCOB made numerous substitutions, however, it was United who fashioned the opening chance of the half when a Luke Williams free kick struck the base of the post, before being hacked to safety by a covering defender.

Just before the hour mark, a 20 yard effort from Uniteds Harry Grant flew inches wide of the goal frame before Beaconsfield began to fashion more chances of their own and a well worked move resulted in their taking a 2-1 lead through Tope.

Shortly after going behind, United made a double substitution with Lewis Ferell and Adam Everitt replacing Christian Smith and Jake Nicholson respectively.

Unfortunately just three minutes after entering the fray, Ferrell unluckily put through his own net to give the Rans a 3-1 advantage.

Just twelve minutes remained when another Murrell-Williamson free-kick sailed harmlessly over the bar and this was not to be United's night. Still, a useful pre-season workout and still another couple of games left to put things right before the big kick off in 11 days time.

Report by Mick Nile.

Hayes & Yeading United
Beaconsfield SYCOB
Magnus Norman
Half-Time: 1-1

Full-Time: 1-3

Referee: Mr K Bungay

Attendance: 25


Hayes & Yeading United:
Kearney (41)

Beaconsfield SYCOB:
Losasso (15)
Tope (59)
Ferrell (65 own goal)

Sam Bunting
Jim Fenlon
Max Worsfold
Andy Dean
Jake Nicholson
Ed Sanders
Christian Smith
Dylan Kearney
Harry Grant
Michael Thalassitis
Luke Williams ©
Charlie Losasso
Rhys Murrell-Williamson
??? Tope
Lewis Ferrell (for Smith, 60)
Adam Everitt (for Nicholson, 60)
George Upton
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy