Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Basingstoke Town 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

For the second time in 48 hours, Hayes & Yeading’s young side conceded in the third minute of the second half, this time sadly though no reply was forthcoming and basement side Basingstoke scored a deserved three points.

Manager Garry Haylock once again made a single enforced change with Elliott Simpson starting in place of the injured Omari Alexander-Salmon.

A quick start by the home side almost saw them ahead within 45 seconds as the ball was played forwards to Liam Enver-Marum, one of five former Hayes/United players in the home sides’ starting XI, his attempted chip over the advancing Dan Lincoln being held by the United stopper.

Still in the first ten minutes, ‘stoke goalkeeper Aaron Howe was drawn in to action when a quickly taken Mason Spence free-kick found Matt Jay, his initial effort was blocked but the ball came back to him and Howe did well to push the strikers volley from a tight angle around the post.

The final real opening of the half came believe it or not in the twelfth minutes when a Tom Bird free-kick took a nick off the wall before going just wide of the upright.

The remainder of the half was a tight fought midfield struggle with both defences more than adequately dealing with anything the forwards could create.

The second half was to have more chances but sadly for United it was the home side that buried the one that mattered. United started well and a quick ball up to Elliot Benyon saw the tireless striker hold off Dominic Hyam before lobbing the ball over Howe only for it to go well wide of the far post.

The home side were quickly on the attack themselves, Glen Southam’s right wing cross being headed back into the mix by Chris Flood with Manny Williams firing low into the bottom corner beyond Lincoln’s dive.

Lincoln then palmed away an attempted chip from Enver-Marum while right on the edge of his box and at the other end Howe held on to an Elliott Simpson volley after good work on the wing from substitute Ismael Ehui.

Mason Spence saw a well struck low cross turned away inside the six yard box and then minutes later at the other end the home side thought they had a second when Flood beat Lincoln only for the ball to come back off the inside of the post to the grateful ‘keepers arms.

The final fifteen minutes saw United pushing up field which left spaces at the back, Enver-Marum firing wide from just six yards out and Lincoln saving from Jamie Brown being the closest they came while in between these chances, one for United saw Howe again deny Simpson from distance after good approach play from Spence.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Brian Matthews.

United Man of the Match: Emmanuel Monthe.

Basingstoke Town
Hayes & Yeading United
Aaron Howe
Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 1-0

Referee: Mr A Degnarain

Attendance: 530


Basingstoke Town:
Williams (48)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Dan Lincoln
Nathan Smart
Jake Sheppard
Tom Bird
Seth Owens
Jamie Brown
Colin Mugoya
Jay Gasson ©
Devante McKain
Dominic Hyam
Emmanuel Monthe
Glen Southam
Mason Spence
Shaun McAuley
© Adam Everitt
Liam Enver-Marum
Elliot Benyon
Chris Flood
Matt Jay
Manny Williams
Elliott Simpson
Harrison Gilkes
Ismael Ehui (for Mugoya, 58)
Louie Soares (for McAuley, 85)
Rourke Pickford
Rowan Vine (for Williams, 73)
Guri Demuria
James Harper
Tom Collins (for Spence, 80)
Rob Rice
Lewis Ferrell
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy