Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Ascot United 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd
The annual trek to the pleasant surroundings of The Racecourse Ground, home of Ascot United, saw a Hayes and Yeading United XI come from behind to claim a 3-2 victory, the first time they have achieved this against Ascot in the last four years.

Hayes and Yeading started forcefully and determined closing down forced an early mistake which Tom Collins almost capitalised on, firing narrowly over from 25 yards. However, it was Ascot who took full advantage of a defensive mistake to take a seventh minute lead, with Jhai Dhillon dispossessed before the forward found the bottom corner past an exposed Charlie Crowley.

Despite this setback, Hayes and Yeading resumed dominance and Joakim Ehui slotted the ball through for Richmond Kissi, whose shot was blocked by the advancing Ascot keeper. He then denied Tyrell Miller-Rodney catching his rising 20 yard shot. At the other end, an Ascot free kick from the right caused more problems for the visitors' defence and if it wasn't for Howard Hall's block on the goal line, it would've been 2-0.

Rhys Murrell-Williamson was proving quite a handful for the Ascot defence and his cross was flicked onto the roof of the net by Michael Malcolm. However, as the half drew to a close, Ascot had two great chances to extend their lead. Crowley bravely blocked at his near post after a neat run to the by line on the left, and he then tipped a shot wide after the offside trap was breached through the right channel.

The second half began quite scrappily, as neither side could generate much of a goal threat, except for a long shot from the Ascot left back and two shots from Hayes and Yeading's forwards, one from Kissi that flew across the face of goal and the other from Malcolm was blocked at the near post by the Ascot keeper.

On 61 minutes, Hayes and Yeading found an equaliser. A corner was cleared, but only straight back to the kicker, and his cross was converted on the half volley by John Sonuga into the bottom corner. Wayward shooting cost Ascot the chance to immediately regain the lead as twice, they got in front of goal but missed the target. Their next effort was on target, a header from a corner, but it was straight at Crowley.

Hayes and Yeading found their goal scoring form midway through the half. They took the lead on 68 minutes, as Dylan Kearney converted a penalty given for a foul on Malcolm, putting it in the bottom corner. Two minutes later it was 3-1 as Kissi burst through on goal and finished confidently past the advancing keeper.

In the dying moments, the visitors hit the bar with a fierce drive from the Malcolm, and the rebound was dragged across the face of goal by Femi Orenuga. However, in the 90th minute, Ascot got a consolation goal, punishing more defensive confusion to stroke the ball into the net beyond substitute keeper George Upton.

Report by Nick Bell.

Ascot United
Hayes & Yeading United XI
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 2-3

Referee: n/k

Attendance: n/k


Ascot United:
x (7)
x (90)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Sonuga (61)
Kearney (68 pen)
Kissi (70)
Charlie Crowley
Ross Seldon
J Smith
Jhai Dhillon
Tyrell Miller-Rodney
Howard Hall
John Sonuga
Joakim Ehui
Dylan Kearney
Tom Collins
Michael Malcolm
Rhys Murrell-Williamson
Femi Orenuga (for Murrell-Williamson, 58)
Richmond Kissi (for Dhillon, 13)
David Amitai (for Collins, 58)
George Upton (for Crowley, 84)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy