Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 5
Uxbridge 2
Hayes & Yeading’s Academy side made it six from six with a third win in the FA Youth Cup courtesy of a hard fought 5-2 victory over a very good Uxbridge side who appear to have the same passing ethos as the young United side.

The first chance of the match indeed fell to the visiting Reds as a long ball up from the back saw Bas Burnett out run Kane Mason but with George Upton on the retreat in the United goal, the Reds striker fired straight at him and the effort was well held.

From a ‘keeper save at one end, six minutes later a ‘keeper error at the other saw United take the lead. Cameron Kennedy in the Reds goal received a back-pass but was not quick enough to get the ball away and the quick thinking Ben Slade charged the attempted clearance down before rolling the ball into the empty net.

Upton then saved low from Mo Ibrahim who tried his luck from 20 yards before a solo effort from Nat Mensah double the United lead, the striker playing wide in this game, collected the ball on the right side of the Reds area, turned Andre Jacques inside out on the bye-line before firing low past Kennedy from an acute angle.

Minutes later Mensah almost had another, Matt Marques cross field ball found Josiah Benjamin who slid the ball forwards to Mensah, his shot on the turn being pushed wide by the diving Kennedy and Mensah again went close just after when he got his head to a Mason cross only to put his header inches wide of the upright.

Uxbridge started to find some forwards movement of their own around the half hour mark and were rewarded on 33 minutes. A close shave came first as Burnett fed Ronnie Norris who was denied by Upton who grabbed his shot at the second attempt before the same two combined to pick out Ibrahim at the far post and he controlled the ball and fired past Upton to reduce the deficit.

Almost immediately United could have notched another as Mensah met a Slade cross on the volley only to guide his effort straight into Kennedy’s midriff and apart from some off target long range efforts at both ends, that was it for the first 45.

Early chances after the break came at both ends, Matt Marques charged down a clearance on the left and advanced into the box but his angled drive cleared the goal by inches and at the other end Upton did well to get down and hold a 20 yard Ibrahim free-kick.

As a contest the game was almost put to bed in two minutes around the hour mark. Slade controlled the ball and played it in to Mensah, he in turn picked out Marques at the far post and he rammed the ball past Kennedy. Two minutes later it was 4-1 and again it was Marques, this time the winger collected a pass from substitute Matt Sinclair, cut inside and unleashed an exquisite dipping shot that flew past Kennedy into the far top corner of the Reds net.

Jack Thomson-Wheeler saw a shot from distance go just wide before another United goal on 72 minutes pretty much sealed progression to the next round. Prince Mbengui won the ball in a tackle and played the ball up to Sinclair who took aim from just outside the box with a defensive deflection looping the ball over Kennedys dive.

Uxbridge continued to play their passing game also and nine minutes from time earned a consolation when Charlie Storer received the ball at the far post inside the six yard box, his first effort was superbly kept out by Upton who could do nothing as the ball went back to the Reds midfielder and he turned it in from close range.

The final few minutes saw United almost extend their lead on two occasions, Marques hit another dipping shot that this time cannoned up off the bar and then in stoppage time Sinclair took the ball around Kennedy and rolled it goalwards only for Sean McCrory-White to clear the ball off the line but it was to be United who progressed with a home tie against Welling United or Colliers Wood United the prize.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Prince Mbengui.

Hayes & Yeading United
George Upton
Half-Time: 2-1

Full-Time: 5-2

Referee: Mr E Costache

Attendance: 69


Hayes & Yeading United:
Slade (10)
Mensah (21)
Marques (58 & 60)
Sinclair (72)

Ibrahim (33)
Storer (81)

Cameron Kennedy
Josiah Benjamin
Tony Egan
Kane Mason
Andre Jacques
Aaron Fetherston
Charlie Storer
Luke Bersey ©
Ciaron Brown
Quinn Bredin
Lawrence Artic
Nat Mensah
© Ben Peden
Jack Thomson-Wheeler
Conor Cullen
Ben Slade
Bas Burnett
Prince Mbengui
Mo Ibrahim
Matt Marques
Ronnie Norris
Conor Tierney (for Bredin, 46)
Nathaniel Asamoah (for Jacques, 70)
Dylan Kearney (for Mbengui, 75)
Jordan Hughes
Matt Sinclair (for Fetherston, 46)
Alfie Fairhill (for Egan, 20)
Rico Luis
Sean McCrory-White (for Artic, 75)
Taylor Morgan
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy