Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 3
Frimley Green 0

Hayes & Yeading’s under 18 Academy side went in to Monday evening’s game against Frimley Green already in the knowledge that 3 points from a victory would secure back-to-back Ryman Youth League West titles.

It was to be the perfect start for United as it took just three minutes to break the deadlock. Charlie Mitchell broke towards the right bye-line before pulling to ball back to the in-form Cole Brown who stroked the ball first time past the dive of Harvey Stevens into the far corner.

Four minutes later it was 2-0 when Matt Marques received the ball and ran at the Frimley defence, unleashing a 25 yard drive that took a slight deflection before flying past Stevens.

Stevens then did well to hold a Dylan Kearney snapshot before the first opening at the other end saw Chris Rose put through on goal but the former United man was denied by the speed of George Upton as the United stopper raced off his line to block.

Soon after, the two Matt’s, Sinclair and Marques combined on the left, the latter crossing to Brown at the far stick but his diving header lacked power and Stevens saved.

Jack Doyle had a run and shot that was only just wide for the visitors before in the final minute of the half, Kearney broke away past the last defender only for Stevens to stand firm, saving with his face before the ball was cleared.

The second half started quite slowly until United pretty much settled the game on 57 minutes. Kearney played a nice one-two with Ben Slade before turning his marker and firing home from just inside the Frimley box for his 21st of the season.

Credit to Frimley, they continued to look for a way back into the game and in the 71st minute it nearly came. The impressive Dan Muambyi and Rose combined on the right, the latter’s near post cross being met by substitute James Dinsdale but he was inches wide of the target.

As the game entered the final ten minutes, Kearney was first denied a second by a fine flying save from Stevens who pushed his goalbound shot around the post and then from a Stevens goal-kick, Aaron Fetherston headed the ball straight back to Kearney who beat his marker but also beat the post.

In the final couple of minutes, Kearney was again denied by a fine Stevens save before the visitors went as close as they had all game when Rory Kilcoyne’s free-kick came back off the face of the crossbar with the ever alert Upton getting back up to push the follow-up around the post.

And the final whistle blew with the title firmly locked in the Hayes & Yeading United pocket.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Colin Mugoya.

Hayes & Yeading United
Frimley Green
George Upton
Half-Time: 2-0

Full-Time: 3-0

Referee: Mr M Payne

Attendance: 25


Hayes & Yeading United:
Brown (3)
Marques (7)
Kearney (57)

Frimley Green:

Harvey Stevens
Charlie Mitchell
Dan O'Brien
Ross McKernan
Matt Russel
Jack Thomson-Wheeler ©
James Smith
Colin Mugoya
Jack Clapham
Conor Tierney
Adam Bond
Cole Brown
Scott Butcher
Ben Slade
© Rory Kilcoyne
Dylan Kearney
Jack Doyle
Matt Sinclair
Dan Muambyi
Matt Marques
Chris Rose
Aaron Fetherston (for Brown, 52)
Ash Garner
Kreshink Rexhepi
Ash Upson (for Butcher, 59)
Timon Khyne-Sam (for Slade, 75)
James Dinsdale (for Bond, 46)
Mikey Rhodes (for Marques, 75)
Josiah Benjamin
Biswas Gurung (for O'Brien, 71)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy