Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 0
Whitehawk 1
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video

On a wet and dreary Bank Holiday Monday, United’s home league record became won one, lost one with defeat against a Whitehawk team with a squad listing that read something of a who’s who of non-league and lower league football including former United stalwart Tom Cadmore.

The visitors started much the brighter and were sharper to almost every ball. In the opening ten minutes Serge Makofo went close with a header across goal and John-Paul Kissock went closer with a shot that went over off the top of the crossbar after some neat footwork by the diminutive winger inside the United box.

It wasn’t until the 24th minute that United had their first shot on target, but skipper Matty Harriott’s effort was closed down quickly and deflected out for a corner.

The only goal of the game was to come in the 37th minute, when striker Joe Anyinsah back defending in his own box was adjudged to have tripped Kissock and Whitehawk were awarded a penalty. The resulting spot kick saw Calum Kitscha guess the correct way but Sam Deering’s effort was too strong and beyond the goalkeeper’s dive to his left.

The second half saw United shift up a gear and become more competitive but chances were few and far between at both ends. Man of the Match Matt Ruby picked up a head injury fifteen minutes in, which resulted in him mimicking a Terry Butcher-esque warrior head bandage come the end of the game.

Midway through the half Frankie Merrifield collected a long ball and strode into the top left of the box but his cross-come shot was only deflected across the face of goal with none of his team-mates within striking distance.

With fifteen to go Anyinsah attempted to turn provider from the left wing but substitute Pat Cox could only flail a desperate trailing leg at the ball nine yards out with his connection only guiding the ball wide of target.

On 82 minutes Adam Everitt’s free kick from wide left did find Dean Inman’s head but he could only guide the ball into goalkeeper John Sullivan’s arms. A few moments later as Whitehawk failed to fully clear their lines, the ball fell again to Inman in the box but with his back to goal he could only turn his shot wide of the far post.

With Kissock forcing a late, but fairly comfortable save from Kitscha at the other end, at the final whistle it was the visitors most content with the low scoreline.

Report by Tim Fuell.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match:
Matt Ruby.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Calum Kitscha
Half-Time: 0-1

Full-Time: 0-1

Referee: Mr R Hulme

Attendance: 161


Hayes & Yeading United:

Deering (37 pen)

John Sullivan
De'Reece Vanderhyde
Callum Driver
Adam Everitt
Lee Hills
David Ijaha
Tom Cadmore
Matt Ruby
© Paul Lorraine
Dean Inman
Sergio Torres
Rhys Murrell-Williamson
Sam Deering
Matty Harriott ©
Ahmed Abdulla
Joe Anyinsah
Serge Makofo
Dan Wishart
Danny Mills
Frankie Merrifield
John-Paul Kissock
Pat Cox (for Wishart, 58)
Lance Cronin
Fabio Bufano
Matthew Barnes-Homer (for Makofo, 61)
Gary MacDonald
Frantz Tchonang Ngassa (for Deering, 90)
Saul Williams (for Merrifield, 67)
Jake Robinson
Alex Lynch
Femi Orenuga
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy