Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Wealdstone 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd
Delroy Preddie's reserve side fell to a single goal defeat at Grosvenor Vale to a talented Wealdstone side who just about deserved the three points.

Both sides took a while to get going, but on 12 minutes, Solomon Ofori's pace brought a free kick just outside the corner of the penalty area. Jack Thomson-Wheeler floated it over, but it was headed over from a good position by Aaron Featherston.

United's speedy front line began to look dangerous. Jalon Rowe, on his reserve team debut crossed for under 18 team team mate Josh Odunwo, who beat the charging Roberto Stocchi to the ball with his head, but was unlucky to see it rebound back off the post. Then, from another quick break, Ofori shot across the face of goal from the edge of the area.

However, it was Wealdstone who took the lead. A patient build up on the left involving Jey Siva and Mergim Qarri led to a square ball which Dean Mason shifted out of his feet and dispatched into the bottom corner.

The hosts really got into their stride at this point and David Nwaogu should have doubled their lead with a header which flew over the bar. The game then remained fairly even, without any notable goalmouth incidents until the second half.

The start of the second period was punctuated by a succession of injuries, but the first chance fell on the hour to Chris Ogunyode, who broke past the defensive line but fired his shot too close to Charlie Crowley.

Replacement keeper George Upton then had to be alert as a wayward Junior Fatai-Somuyiwa shot took a wicked goalbound deflection off Taofiq Olomowewe, but thanks to his speedy reactions, he plucked the ball out of the air.

Wealdstone continued to press and a mazy run by Joe Tabiri got him to the bye-line, but Mason was unable to turn his centre in from close range.

In the closing stages, Upton saved bravely at Tashan Griffith's feet and from the follow up Kane Mason made an important interception to deny Mason a tap in. At the other end, Jalon Rowe fed Odunwo, who turned and shot, but Stocchi blocked the ball down at his near post. This proved to be the final action as Wealdstone claimed the narrow victory.

Report by Nick Bell.

United Man of the Match: Taofiq Olomowewe.

Hayes & Yeading United
Roberto Stocchi
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 1-0

Referee: n/k

Attendance: n/k


Mason (24)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Charlie Crowley
Georges Ehui
Oneal Rowe
Jey Siva
Jalon Rowe
Jessie Davies
© Ahmed Mohammed
Rhys Paul
Taofiq Olomowewe
Joe Tabiri
Kane Mason
Dean Mason ©
Jack Thomson-Wheeler
Mergim Qarri
Aaron Featherston
David Nwaogu
Josh Odunwo
Chris Ogunyode
Solomon Ofori
Junior Fatai-Somuyiwa
Conor Tierney
Ryan Reid-Edwards
Prince Mbengiu
Jason Reynolds (for Nwaogu, 60)
Ike Nzuruba (for Tierney, 64)
Tashan Griffith (for Qarri, 83)
Callum Carlisle (for O Rowe, 64)
Jimmy Talbot (for Ogunyode, 76)
Charlie Connor
George Upton (for Crowley, 64)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy