Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Hanwell Town 4

Clinical finishing from Hanwell Town's forward line saw them overcome Delroy Preddie's reserve side in the latest Capital League game.

Hanwell made the ideal start in the 7th minute when Ricky Pither put his skipper Michael Buckley through and clear of the Hayes and Yeading United defence and he applied a composed finish into the bottom corner past Tyler Wootton.

United recovered and had one or two penalty appeals turned down, but it was Hanwell who went closest next in the 21st minute as Pither's low centre from the left flank evaded everyone in the middle but found Lewis Ochoa lurking at the back post. He drilled a fierce shot rising towards the top corner which Wootton did very well to deflect over the bar.

Once again, United responded as Jack Thomson-Wheeler threaded the ball through to Kamaron English but keeper Steven Aguiar was off his line quickly to smother the shot. The ball was worked back to Thomson-Wheeler by Solomon Ofori and his shot from the edge of the area was tipped over by Aguiar. From the resulting corner, Jarrel Gray's header was blocked on the line at the foot of the far post.

United retained a lot of possession in the following ten minutes and Thomson-Wheeler again stung the fingertips of Aguiar as his rising shot was tipped over. However, on a breakaway, Hanwell doubled their lead as Eoin Casey beat Callum Carlisle on the left hand side and cut into the box before finishing just inside the far post.

It was three soon afterwards. A Luke Bersey back pass was intercepted by Calum Duffy but he made amends by getting back to clear the resulting lob off the line. Pither followed up with a powerful drive which Wootton got down well to block, but Duffy was able to force home the rebound.

United will have been stung by being three goals behind when they scarcely deserved to be losing, but aside from two chances for Geoff Mitchell which were off target, the second half started rather slowly for both teams. A pile driver from Ochoa was very well kept out by Wootton following Pither's precise corner to the edge of the box, but Mitchell was to reduce the arrears for United in the 71st minute. Josh Odunwo turned sharply before being fouled just inside the penalty area and Mitchell sent Aguiar the wrong way with his penalty.

Unfortunately for United, the recovery lasted little more than 60 seconds, as a strong run down the right channel by Casey resulted in an accurate angled finish inside Wootton's far post.

United were quick to respond though as Bersey popped up in the opposition area to drill a low shot into the corner after good work by Odunwo.

Gray did well to block Casey's shot as he bore down on goal and the striker went close with a header from Pither's cross as Hanwell finished strongly and saw the rest of the game out to win 4-2.

Report by Nick Bell.

United Man of the Match: Lewis Cole.

Hayes & Yeading United
Hanwell Town
Tyler Wootton
Half-Time: 0-3

Full-Time: 2-4

Referee: Mr S Tate

Attendance: n/k


Hayes & Yeading United:
Mitchell (71 pen)
Bersey (78)

Hanwell Town:
Buckley (7)
Casey (38 & 72)
Duffy (41)
Steven Aguiar
Callum Carlisle
Sam O'Neill
Matt Cooper
Jakub Matwiejszyn
Lewis Cole ©
© Michael Buckley
Luke Bersey
Kevin Duncan-Williams
Jarrel Gray
Shisom Diorgu
Jack Thomson-Wheeler
Lewis Ochoa
Solomon Ofori
George Davis
Geoff Mitchell
Ricky Pither
Kelvin Bossman
Eoin Casey
Kamaron English
Calum Duffy
Conor Crossan
Tom Brunton (for Buckley, 58)
Ross Seldon (for Mitchell, 77)
Prince Mbengiu (for English, 65)
Jade Rodney (for Davis, 86)
Josh Odunwo (for Bossman, 61)
Shaquille Brito (for O'Neill, 67)
Joel Scott
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy