Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Havant & Waterlooville 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Hayes & Yeading made it three wins on the bounce with a first ever victory at Westleigh Park despite manager Phil Babb being devoid of four of his senior players due to injury and illness.

In the seventh minute United had the woodwork to thank for keeping the scoresheet blank as the speedy Sahr Kabba won possession and ran through the middle of the United defence, Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz did well to force the striker wide and his angled shot went wide off the upright.

Play very quickly switched to the other end and soon hit the Havant net. Kelvin Bossman fed the ball down the left flank to Kamaron English, the former Watford youngsters cross from the bye-line striking the raised arm of defender Ryan Woodford (pictured right) who was sliding in to block and referee Mr Harris pointed to the spot. With regular penalty taker Jake Reid ill at home, the chance of a first United goal fell to Jack Mills who converted with aplomb.

Just five minutes later before the home side could take a breath, United scored again. Kelvin Bossman charged down a clearance from the Hawks keeper Ross Fitzsimons, English collected the loose ball and chipped to the far post where Allen Bossman planted a perfectly controlled volley into the Havant net (pictured below left).

At the midway point of the half the home side again struck the United woodwork as a Danny Blanchett cross from the left was met by a flying Nic Ciardini, his header striking the top of the crossbar and going over.

Seconds later a moments hesitancy in the United defence saw Kabba nip in but his shot, again from an acute angle, this time struck the side netting of Jaimez-Ruiz's goal.

Just before the break saw the last chance of the half and again it went to the home side as Kabba got his head to a Ciardini centre, the ball landing on the roof of the United net and the visitors went in with a two goal advantage at half-time.

The home side created the first opening of the second period when a corner was flicked on at the near post to former United defender Pelé who headed wide at the far post under pressure from Tom Bird.

A flowing move from Phil Babb's side just before the hour mark saw Anthony Furlonge race forwards from the back before sliding a lovely ball through to English who with his weaker right foot fired straight at Fitzsimons in the Hawks goal.

While still playing forwards at times in the final half hour, it was a little bit backs to the walls at times but it took a stoppage time penalty to finally beat the United defence. Just after the hour Ciardini's cross from the left was helped on by Jonte Smith to Ashley Harris whose touch was not strong enough to trouble Jaimez-Ruiz.

Jaimez-Ruiz was to be quite busy in the final ten minutes as he strove for a first ever hat-trick of clean sheets for United which sadly was not to be. A cross to the far post saw Scott Jones hit a fierce shot that the United keeper did well to block and then when the ball came back in to Jones again, the United keeper grabbed his header fairly comfortably.

Jones was again through on goal with two minutes remaining, the Hawks substitute turning past Dean Inman before again finding the impressive Jaimez-Ruiz in the way, palming his shot out with Charlie Wassmer punting the ball clear.

A ball across the box in stoppage time saw Jaimez-Ruiz come through a crowd to punch the ball away but it appears he was adjudged to have fouled to get to the ball and a second penalty of the game was awarded from which Ciardini reduced the arrears.

All that was left of note in the fifth minutes of stoppage time was the arrival on the pitch of United Luke Bersey from the bench, and in doing so he became United's youngest ever first team player at 16 years and 104 days.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Dean Inman.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Havant & Waterlooville
Hayes & Yeading United
Ross Fitzsimons
Half-Time: 0-2

Full-Time: 1-2

Referee: Mr P Harris

Attendance: 490


Havant & Waterlooville:
Ciardini (90+1 pen)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Mills (9 pen)
A Bossman (14)
Mikhael Jaimez-Ruiz
Dan Strugnell
Anthony Furlonge
Danny Blanchett
Tom Bird
Jack Mills
Ryan Woodford
© Dean Inman
Ed Harris ©
Charlie Wassmer
Ashley Harris
Seb Schoburgh
Jesse Kewley-Graham
Frankie Merrifield
Nic Ciardini
Allen Bossman
Sahr Kabba
Kelvin Bossman
Perry Ryan
Kamaron English
Eddie Hutchinson
Omar Mohamed (for A Bossman, 46)
Jonte Smith (for Blanchett, 46)
Luke Bersey (for Schoburgh, 90+5)
Jake Newton (for Woodford, 46)
Lewis Cole (for K Bossman, 89)
Steve Ramsey
Jack Thomson-Wheeler
Scott Jones (for Kabba, 72)
James Warrington
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy